Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Don't even consider bicycle bearings! How often do you go over 25 on a bicycle?

You may not believe it lol but I’ve got 70 on mine more than few times over the years and 25 is only a good avg speed if you’re riding 100 miles or more. The bearings in my Mavic race wheels are just under $400 a pair with the wheel set it’s self running $2,300. The quality standards in cycling are way above anything coming out of a China bike factory I assure you.

Finding the correct size is the only problem here. Amazon can have those PNZ here sometime Monday so I’m going to gamble on them fitting just to get back on the road. I’ve had to walk across town twice today already smh!
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 07-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #17

Don't run them. Bicycle bearings are designed for a much lower load.

I'm honestly confused why you keep going on with crazy ideas. It's really simple, and it's been explained.

If you can't get the proper measurements, take the wheel with you to the bearing store, heck, even a Grainger or Fastenal.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #18

This may help you: https://www.allballsracing.com/6302-2rs.html

g.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Don't run them. Bicycle bearings are designed for a much lower load.

I'm honestly confused why you keep going on with crazy ideas. It's really simple, and it's been explained.

If you can't get the proper measurements, take the wheel with you to the bearing store, heck, even a Grainger or Fastenal.

Bicycle mechanics average about $70 an hour, they know what they’re doing as you have to have graduated from a 2 year school to be one, they also have bearing presses and access to bearing distributers and manufacturers. They deal with very expensive hydrological brakes and gas shocks every day just like dirt bikers which most are riders too.

The only problem was that nobody here has actually changed the bearings so they don’t know which one it takes. Anyway it is the 6302-2rs size and the hub will be pressed and ready to go by 3 tomorrow.

Like I said, the only available numbers were 25,27 and what may be an H. See the photo..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B35E6D15-A0B3-40DE-8119-0AAA265FD8D6.jpg (19.0 KB, 177 views)
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 07-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #20

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me there... are you saying that you're a bicycle mechanic? Access to tools =/= expertise or capacity, nor does training; expertise is shown through a demonstration of competence.

The way you were speaking before, you were implying that you wanted to use bicycle wheel bearings on your motorcycle.

I correctly pointed out, as did others, that that is not a safe idea, nor is it recommended. If you are actually a trained bicycle mechanic, congratulations!

Use your knowledge for good, because there are plenty of people around here with less training than you, who will take the notion "he used bicycle bearings before, why can't I?" and then hurt themselves or others.

If it actually works, congratulations again, but the notion that using non-standard bearings (especially ones designed for lighter duty than the intended application, both because of weight and suspension travel) is acceptable means that someone, somewhere, will likely get hurt directly because of that philosophy.

If you are a trained mechanic, why did we need to explain so much to you? This stuff is obvious and easy if you've done it for any length of time.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me there... are you saying that you're a bicycle mechanic? Access to tools =/= expertise or capacity, nor does training; expertise is shown through a demonstration of competence.

The way you were speaking before, you were implying that you wanted to use bicycle wheel bearings on your motorcycle.

I correctly pointed out, as did others, that that is not a safe idea, nor is it recommended. If you are actually a trained bicycle mechanic, congratulations!

Use your knowledge for good, because there are plenty of people around here with less training than you, who will take the notion "he used bicycle bearings before, why can't I?" and then hurt themselves or others.

If it actually works, congratulations again, but the notion that using non-standard bearings (especially ones designed for lighter duty than the intended application, both because of weight and suspension travel) is acceptable means that someone, somewhere, will likely get hurt directly because of that philosophy.

If you are a trained mechanic, why did we need to explain so much to you? This stuff is obvious and easy if you've done it for any length of time.

I never said I was a trained mechanic and all I needed to know was the size or part # specific to the wheel. Honda wanted 200 bucks and thought it was the same bearing as on the Shadow lol. KTM came up with a Yamaha 3 wheeler version and wanted Me to wait a week, hilarious!