Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #16

yanmar is a pretty big diesel engine maker in japan. they have mini construction stuff but what im getting are compact tractors that are refurbished, and were used in japan then sent here. i went last weekend to the place im getting them from and who does the refurbishing and i was pleased, seem like a bunch of good ol boys they have parts and didnt blow smoke.
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #17

Cool, I suppose we will have to discuss that under a different category! Hope it works for you!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
yanmar is a pretty big diesel engine maker in japan. they have mini construction stuff but what im getting are compact tractors that are refurbished, and were used in japan then sent here. i went last weekend to the place im getting them from and who does the refurbishing and i was pleased, seem like a bunch of good ol boys they have parts and didnt blow smoke.
Yes they are not a bad product engine wise. I've ground a few Yanmar crankshafts in my life, metal was decent quality. Can't really speak for the rest of the stuff, never owned one.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
I have thoughts on this matter but they might come out a bit ragged and jumbled.

I think part of the issue is the culture of the markets in Asia and in north america. North Americans wants after service, warranties etc. In Asia, you buy something in the store, walk out the door and you own it, don't want to see you again until you buy something NEW. Not a lot of 'after sale support' expected in their markets/culture.

Additionally, as Phil mentioned it's easy to buy things from China in 'container load' but no small business man wants to buy 2000 carbs or 1500 brake pads in a 20 ft container. Chinese factories don't want to sell you 10 carbs, they want to sell you 1000 minimum, so getting them to listen to your needs is like pulling teeth once they've made that container load sale.

I'm sure the US distributor of Zong is in the same boat. He wants to support his dealers but how do you buy 20,000 units of every part the bike has on it, you can't.. so when something 'obscure' happens, it's a beotch to get the factory to send you 1. It's a logistics problem for them, if they have to send small orders out all the time.

Wal-Mart has no problems because they buy 1 million units at a time. I had an order for 100,000 DVD players from wal-mart at one time in my life, and that's a small order as it was Canada only, for a three month period. They just 'exchange' any defects, and send them back or recycle them and deduct the warranty costs off the invoice to the factory.
Without a doubt....the BEST explanation I've ever read! Thanks TurboT! Makes COMPLETE sense!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #20

I believe Yanmar supplies diesels for John Deere and the cub cadet compact tractor is built by yanmar.

What Phil is getting into is JDM yanmar tractors that are crammed in a container and sent to the US. I guess it sounds like they are refurbed here in the US and then he plans to be the selling dealer.

The difficulty comes in the parts area where some of these tractors were only sold in Japan and other markets. Yanmar USA won't necessarily be able to provide support.

Kinda like a china bike.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I believe Yanmar supplies diesels for John Deere and the cub cadet compact tractor is built by yanmar.

What Phil is getting into is JDM yanmar tractors that are crammed in a container and sent to the US. I guess it sounds like they are refurbed here in the US and then he plans to be the selling dealer.

The difficulty comes in the parts area where some of these tractors were only sold in Japan and other markets. Yanmar USA won't necessarily be able to provide support.

Kinda like a china bike.
That might be an issue...

If there is still supply in Japan, it might be a 'tad' easier, but not by much.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #22

OK, I don't know much about this but it seems to me that the incentive is a good deal. These small tractors are hard to find at a good price. I am a bit curious about why they send them here to the U.S. from Japan. Do the Japanese only use perfect shinny tractors?

Old 03-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #23

It may be that tractors are emission regulated in Japan too. That is why you see alot of used engines and transmissions coming from Japan. The older the car gets the more the license cost. Keeps people from driving old cars.

They may have the same on tractors. You see all those japanese mini trucks too. That may be another oppurtunity Phil.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #24

the way this was explained to me its a emission thing if you look there are lots of big heavy equipment that gets deported. the way this works is every xx amount of time it has to be replaced, with the cars the inspection is more than a car and i think its called shaken. thats why so many used jap engines are available. this keep japans industry busy making new instead of a cash for clunkers. as for the parts i have looked they are well stocked with new and have many used parts if needed. so i think parts are a non-issue and besides it cant be as bad as chinese bikes yanmar has whats called part numbers something the chinese have yet to learn they are still using "that pile" and "how many containers", now on a side note i would like to apologise for hi jacking and would appreciate a bump or a move. btw i would still recommend the zong and would even if i dont get this worked out and quit. its still the best quality with the best parts support with the china bikes. but thats comparing CHINA BIKES and they are slimmer than a couple of years ago and may get slimmer by the list of approved atvs i have a feeling that those who arent on the list and still sell atvs will be driven out by the government and maybe they should be for not playing by the rules

Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #25

Before I bought a used Mitsubishi tractor locally I was very close to traveling to the US to get a Yanmar refurb. Up until recently all small JD's were rebadged Yanmar's.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #26

So they are Japanese, not Chinese then. Sounds like a ringing endorsement for build quality!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #27

Yanmar has been around for along time. Japanese build quality too.

Good little tractors. They also build marine diesels.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #28

just a update, i have the tractors a few implements. they are really nice, for once it looks like i have made a good choice of vendors. they seem to do a good job. lots of parts replaced and a solid built tractor to begin with. i have also ordered a scooter from mod cycles and am impressed, its a 2 stroke and much more powerful than the qmb139. i am still awaiting my coolster order to see if they have any quality, i have my doubts since i dont think i can be lucky enough to have 3 winners in a row. i have noticed that a large number of survivors in the chinese market seem to sell parts and like mod cycles seem to sell parts first and scooters second as they found me by e mailing me parts sales fliers

Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 PM   #29

Phil, is there a place we can see some of these tractors. Glad to hear they are looking good.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #30

i will post a few pictures as soon as i can but first i have to find a place to put all this stuff, i jumped as fast as i could and the weather has held me back once everything started moving it all moved at once and now i realize i dont have enough room 8O