Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 02:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
"JTR210.40 40T Steel Rear Sprocket" is what I have on my TemplarX 6speed.
Yes. JTR210 is the right sprocket for Templar X. But OP is building his new BASE TEMPLAR.

The title of this thread is
2024 Templar 250 Base Model Review

Old Today, 04:55 PM   #17

Update: just received the JTR210.42 today. Install was a breeze, everything lined up perfectly. Tested out on an 85 mile trip including a 60mph road and was able to top out at 75mph Speedo indicated. In my opinion the 13 front with 42T rear is the ideal setup as it allows you to take roads up to 60mph limit.. I did find that even throttle pegged wide open it would struggle and slow down on inclines by a few mph so that tells me that the 40T would have been too much and cut down on the snappiness even further. As it is the bike still has decent torque to accelerate. In the future I plan to remove the cat from the exhaust and change main to 130 and leave it at that which should add some more power to make up for the torque lost during the sprocket upgrade..

I also fabricated a skid plate today using some left over thin sheet metal which came with something during shipment..

I’ll add some pics when I get home.. for now I’m on the side of the road waiting for my son to get me a bottle of gas since the last station was out of gas..
On the plus side I know that the bike can go max 80 miles before running out of gas lol

P.s.. I was giving my son a run for the money on some slow twisties, kinda funny to see him shaking his head in disbelief while I’m on his butt, mind you he’s on a 701 haha

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X, Storm DLX 150