Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #16

Jim, I noticed that W.J. Mouat has a Mod-U-Blast cabinet in disrepair that is sitting outside. You can see it from Maclure, West of Peardonville.

Perhaps you'd like to call them and see if they'll let it go for a donation to the food bank or the Eagles football team (or whatever). I'd be happy to lend a hand picking it up and repairing it if you like.

I'd love it, but I can't afford the space.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #17

Oh, maybe I'll have to have a look and give them a call. Thanks for the tip. If anything happens on that front I'll let you know

Old 10-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #18

Thanks for the link Jim, I never knew they had places where you could rent cabinets before! That is the option I would go with. I would just try to save up a few pieces at a time to make it worth your while. We have these cabinets in the maintenance shops at work... Amazing how busy they are at lunchtime some days .

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #19

I wandered past Mouat, the one they have there looks a fair bit bigger then the ones I found at Princess and KMS, there is some floor space available but I don't know about that much. Thanks for the tip though

Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #20

Just an update, a friend of my dad has a cabinet which he apparently doesn't like so it is essentially new, he's going to ask him if he wants to sell it one of these days... Apparently he tried at a swap meet but couldn't so it might be cheap... We'll see how it goes. Since I was waiting on that (my Dad hasn't gotten around to asking yet), I was neglecting working on the Honda... I finally gave up and took it down to langley-u-blast. They were helpful, it was quick, and a lot easier then sanding.

The picture of the parts is here http://www.thriftyriders.com/viewtop...f=25&t=93#p374

Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #21

Good score on the CB! Looks like plenty of good parts there.

Thanks for posting the Langley U-Blast prices. I'll keep them in mind.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #22

Yeah I don't know whether I will need much off that CB or not, but it's good to have, and when I'm done with the CL, if there is enough left I want to make a cafe racer out of that CB. Since the tank, fenders, seat, and side covers aren't good, it is kind of ideal for that.

I was really happy with Langley-U-Blast, seemed like good guys down there... And it didn't seem to pricey, but I guess if you go more then a few times it does add up to the cost of a cabinet... But that is just the cabinet itself there is like we talked about before the other factors, floor space, you need a good compressor, the blasting media, etc... I will still probably see if my dad's friend wants to sell his though, since I already have access to the compressor, and we should be able to clean up enough to make room for it.