Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to chris5150 Send a message via Yahoo to chris5150
i am getting a dohc neon, they do great on those coarses. and with the money left over after i buy my bike i am getting a turbo off of an srt4. i only want 180bhp so i only need like 5psi. my first event will be in deland. seabring would be awesome but it is a faster coarse than my car will be built for.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #17

you need any parts just let me know, i've worked at a Chrysler dealership for almost 6 years now as a tech. my buddy had a 97 (i think) sohc neon with a adapter plate that he machined and used it to fit the srt turbo to his neon. it ran ok. if i were going to auto cross i think i'd stay away from a turbo fwd car, esp one with a open diff. 180 whp should be doable with a healthy motor.

oh yeah if you're looking for a cheap car my friend at work had a dohc neon with a spun rod bearing. it's a auto to but i think he only wants $500 or maybe less. the spun rod bearing could be a great reason to drop a 2.4 motor into it. that and some head work should be a pretty good setup.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to chris5150 Send a message via Yahoo to chris5150
i have already put $1700 on the car it is $2200 almost there. it is a 98 dohc 5 speed with 80000 mile and it is mint. hopefully i will have it next paycheck. 180bhp will be good with racing shocks, spings , and some 17s with soft grippy tires. i do not want a body kit cones can break fiberglass. and the china bike will be my transportation when my car is getting worked on. hopefully i will be able to do this ride sooner than april. i will try.