Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #16

Just kicked in a couple bucks. Hope it helps get you back on two wheels soon!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwolf969 View Post
I really appreciate the support. I have to keep telling myself don't go vigilante with my AR-15. As far as the gap between what I have and need. I could probably come up with about $400 uncomfortably (ramen for a month or so...). The only theft deterrent was the front wheel locked. I left my house for work at 8:30am, returned home at 1pm and it was gone. My insurance company listed it as stolen in their databases, and I filed a grand larceny police report since they wouldn't list it as a motor vehicle so at least I have it reported stolen now. I'm still kind of in shock, and really really pissed off. Want to hunt them down.
Wait a minute. I also read this again just now.

Neighbors!

Does anyone have any idea who came by to get your bike? Maybe a Ring doorbell too? Their own security cams that might catch a license plate?

Just some other thoughts.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #18

neighbors

I appreciate all the suggestions please keep them coming.
I did speak to the neighbors. Nobody saw anything of course.
The complex has cameras on the entrance gate, but, they wont release the footage without the police requesting it.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwolf969 View Post
I appreciate all the suggestions please keep them coming.
I did speak to the neighbors. Nobody saw anything of course.
The complex has cameras on the entrance gate, but, they wont release the footage without the police requesting it.
Wow. I have to say... between those cops and the complex management, definitely your share of a holes around. Wow.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:37 PM   #20

rejected

I just got an email from metro police. They rejected my report. It says I have to go in to the police department to file. Like they would find it anyways. No wonder people are so down on the police

Old 07-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #21

Can't say I'm really that surprised. I lived in North Las Vegas for a couple years, and I was never very impressed with what passed for police work out there...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-28-2021, 08:13 PM   #22

Found your bike

Please understand that I am not the one that stole your bike. I bought it from a private party. Obviously a piece of shit. But I was going to get it registered in my name and I've been trying to run a vin check on all the major vin check websites. It does not come up stolen anywhere. I just accidentally googled the vin, and this thread popped up. So.....I would like to give you your bike back. Call me and you can come pick it up. Please do not bring the cops. I've got enough shit in my life, I don't need more. I'll let you know exactly who I got it from when you get here. 435-799-6799. Yes utah number, but I live in Vegas. Hope this makes your day better.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielg View Post
Please understand that I am not the one that stole your bike. I bought it from a private party. Obviously a piece of shit. But I was going to get it registered in my name and I've been trying to run a vin check on all the major vin check websites. It does not come up stolen anywhere. I just accidentally googled the vin, and this thread popped up. So.....I would like to give you your bike back. Call me and you can come pick it up. Please do not bring the cops. I've got enough shit in my life, I don't need more. I'll let you know exactly who I got it from when you get here. 435-799-6799. Yes utah number, but I live in Vegas. Hope this makes your day better.
This guy is a HERO!!!

Amazing!!

You 100% did the right thing. We should edit his phone number out of here and pass it on by private message to lilwolf. To keep things more private for danielg

Definitely don’t involve cops with this.

Danielg: you are a hero

Old 07-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #24

Let me say that this is one of the greatest threads I have read. It's awesome that someone stepped up offered to return the bike. I wish we could get a fund together to help compensate him for the money he lost on his purchase.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 07-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #25

I'd hold off on all of the kudos. Who buys a bike without any paperwork? If it's on the level, then good. Something sounds a little hinky. If the thief is known, they should be made known and/or punished, and let the cops handle it. The owner will still get the machine back without protecting a criminal.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
I'd hold off on all of the kudos. Who buys a bike without any paperwork? If it's on the level, then good. Something sounds a little hinky. If the thief is known, they should be made known and/or punished, and let the cops handle it. The owner will still get the machine back without protecting a criminal.
He did say he would tell the OP who he bought the bike from.

To come forward like this, there should be no cops involved. They could hit him for receiving stolen property. Not cool when all he’s doing is helping the OP out.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
Let me say that this is one of the greatest threads I have read. It's awesome that someone stepped up offered to return the bike. I wish we could get a fund together to help compensate him for the money he lost on his purchase.
That’s what I was thinking. A different gofundme

Old 07-29-2021, 06:46 PM   #28

This is pretty crazy... I'm glad you got your bike back!

Old 08-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #29

No way

Turns out the bike was just stolen from him and I still don't get it back!!!
What a world we live in

Old 08-02-2021, 05:08 PM   #30

That sounds more suspicious...

Well crap dude.. roll around at night and see if you can spot it with some friends and jack it back! I'd help, but I don't live in Vegas anymore..