Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #16

ss27gogeta...how do you like your x-pect?

I was on the fence about getting a TT250 or an x-pect. Decided on the TT250, but still like the FI and gas mileage on the x-pect.

How do you like yours?

Old 02-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
That's crazy that it will pop wheelies in 2nd gear and you even put a 17 tooth sprocket on it. I image it was crazier with stock gearing. And it's the 125 I can't imagine what the 150 is like with 4 more hp. How small is the bike im 5-6 so if your 6-2 and fit fine on it. I immagine it should be fine for me. I read it has a 33 inch seat hight so if thats true it can't be all that short or small. I've tride to get an idea on how big this thing is but all the videos I've seen no one is really standing beside it or will state there highth.
you can almost perform a bmx bunny hop on it. very lightweight.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
I was on the fence about getting a TT250 or an x-pect. Decided on the TT250, but still like the FI and gas mileage on the x-pect.

How do you like yours?
I really like it it's well made all critical fasteners were already had locktight on them from the factory it's a nice bike to put around on. It has a decent top speed from factory 70mph. The fule injection works grate and has not given me a single issue. it well worth the money they ask for it. The plastic is nice and thick to dose not feel super chinze. The only complaint I have is its suspention it works grate if your on the street but off-road it's suverly lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
you can almost perform a bmx bunny hop on it. very lightweight.
When you put the 17t sprocket on was there enough room for an 18t or 19t sprocket. If 17t is good for 55mph at almost wot. An 18t or 19t would probbly be perfect for a sustainable 55mph.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 02-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #19

I'm looking to get a 250L plated in Oregon. I contacted Orion and they say their bikes are EPA compliant, and can get a letter from the manufacturer stating so (a requirement in Oregon). However they said all the Chinese factories are closed currently due to caronavirus. I'm waiting till the factories open back up before I buy, because the entire point of me wanting one of these is for dual sport purposes haha.

Please post of you can get yours registered in CO!

Old 02-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #20

Will Oregon plate bikes classified as 'off road dirt bikes' by the EPA?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-22-2020, 09:28 PM   #21

Colorado registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinTuna View Post
I'm looking to get a 250L plated in Oregon. I contacted Orion and they say their bikes are EPA compliant, and can get a letter from the manufacturer stating so (a requirement in Oregon). However they said all the Chinese factories are closed currently due to caronavirus. I'm waiting till the factories open back up before I buy, because the entire point of me wanting one of these is for dual sport purposes haha.

Please post of you can get yours registered in CO!
We'll see. I don't think they ask for any EPA certification. If I don't get it plated, then it is not that big of a deal for me; as my main use will be off-road. I really only want plates so I can take a road from trail head to trail head without worrying about cops. An occasional spin around town would be OK, but I have my TT250 that I can use for that.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Will Oregon plate bikes classified as 'off road dirt bikes' by the EPA?

No not at all, that's the problem. The guys at Orion said it's classified as a motorcycle, not off road. And they have a letter from the manufacturer stating it's epa compliant.

But them saying that and having the bike actually registered are different haha, so I'm trying to find if anyone else got it done successfully

Old 02-24-2020, 12:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinTuna View Post
But them saying that and having the bike actually registered are different haha, so I'm trying to find if anyone else got it done successfully
That's always my fear for members and I have seen people here on Chinariders getting burnt (fortunately rarely) from time to time, so I do like to bring it up. I do know the Apollo dual sport is EPA/DOT for 49 state legality, but the suspension is heavily biased for the road, whereas the Orion is similar to Pitster Pro/GPX bikes which are primarily dirt bikes that have street equipment.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #24

RXB150 Delivered today!

That was fast! Ordered on the 17th.

No damage in the shipment. I thought the MCO would be in with the packaging, as I saw an un-assembled on a youtube that did. I contacted Orion to ask.

Drained the shipping oil, put new oil up to the middle of the window, put about 1/2 gal of 91 octane in. Started on the 3rd try.

Ran for a bit, until warm. Stopped, waited, checked the oil level, added a bit. I think what I had to add was what filled the oil cooler.

It won't settle to idle, so I think I will need to mess with the jets and needle position. I expected some adjustment since I am in Denver.

The one thing I don't like is having to pull in on the hand brake, while trying to slightly twist the throttle, and push the starter button.

What's the hand brake thing all about! It is stupid. I learned from a young age to pull in the clutch when starting...this leaves your hand free to twist the throttle a bit.

Does anyone know where I can jump out the hand brake switch?

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #25

Try the foot brake instead of the hand brake.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #26

Using the foot brake now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Try the foot brake instead of the hand brake.
Thanks. JerryHawk250 let me know that too. I still want to find out how to disable this "feature".

The power from the front and rear brake must be paralleled into a relay of some sort and when powered the relay makes the starter circuit.

If I can find that location, then I will remove the starter circuit wires and connect them together.

Orion RXB 150XL