Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #16

Thank you I'm going to take your advice and work on replacing the rim/tire and work toward getting a new connecting plate. I will leave the forks for last and see where I'm at. I had a friend come by today and he said that the forks don't look bad and he thinks they are still in good working condition. My friend said he used to ride all the time, but I have never seen him on a bike or even ask to ride mine so I wasn't sure if i should trust this advice. But after reading your response I'm feeling a lot better about it and feel when I get the new parts I will be better able to assess my fork situation. My brother is doing good. Thank you for asking. He just has lot of scrapes and bruises. I'm so happy that he had enough sense to put all my safety gear on including my Full face bell helmet or it could have been a cracked head and a bunch of broken bones. I must admit I can't help but feel a little responsible as I should have had the keys put away or had my bike chained up so this wouldn't have been possible. I to have learned a lesson from this. Thank you for your response.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedeepinit View Post
I think I was able to locate a new Upper Connecting Plate (triple tree) for my Hawk at http://therps.net/ I found the part on there page and gave them a call. They told me to go to their webpage and get the Sku # and all other part information and give them an Email with all my info. As soon as I hear back from them I will update. They also had all other parts for the Hawk one would need. So hopefully this works out for me and possibly anyone else who might need parts. Thank you all for the help you have been giving me and I also welcome anymore advice anyone can offer me on this matter. China Riders is a wonderful site!! Thank you all so much you are very helpful!!
Good for you. I'm glad you were able to find all the parts.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #18

I used to fix bent bikes when I was a kid in highschool ,if the forks are bent ,but not kinked ,you can easily straighten them if you have access to a shop press and some v blocks .Also ,please pull the gas tank and check that the frame is not bent ,your brother did a real number on your bike .I would also be carefull of the front wheel bearings at this point ,check them before wasting your time replacing the rim .

Old 02-25-2016, 03:05 AM   #19

?

sorry but i have to ask. just what did your brother do? looks like a jump came down on front wheel first into a curb ;] hope the bro isnt as messed up as that triple tree!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #20

I'm not really sure as i was out of town but he says he lost control and hit a pine tree. But there are a few trails around my land with a few small to medium jumps so I'm thinking he was trying a jump and ended up either coming down on front rim and then with condition of rim caused him to side swiped a tree but again I'm unsure. And he knows he wasn't suppose to be on the bike in the first place so I think he is sugar coating it as he is afraid he will be in more trouble than he already is.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #21

Well sadly I have yet to recieve my parts. Aparently they have been lost or something along those lines and when I contacted RPS they told me to wait til the 25th of this month (ordered on febuary 25th) and If I haven't recived it they will ship me a replacement. Needless to say I'm not very happy. Looks like i'm going to be waiting a while before I can start putting my bike back togther! FML

Old 03-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #22

that stinks ... hope they get there before that

Old 03-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedeepinit View Post
Well sadly I have yet to recieve my parts.
Send me a message in a few days if you don't get the parts.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #24

would it be easier to search for a used hawk with a blown motor and do a heart transplant?

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 10-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #25

Update!

Hello everyone, It's been sometime since I first put this post up. I have recently been able to get the parts needed to fix my Hawk. I replaced the Upper connecting plate, front fork set, and Front rim/ innertube. As you can imagine i'm super happy. A couple things on the bike were kinda frozen in place I guess from not getting used. So i had to remove the throttle and went through it just making sure everything was clean. Didn't really see why the throttle was sticking but after removing and putting back togther it seems to work fine. And the other thing I had to play with was my clutch as it wasn't engaging and disengaging properly. I would have the bike in neutral and when i engaged the throttle and drop bike into first and still had clutch pulled in it would give a little hop and stall out. I was able to follow the clutch line and clean what i could. I also clean the clutch arm (silver thing that the clutch line runs too.) It seemed pretty stiff so i cleaned it up. After that I was able to put bike in and out of gear without to much problem. It does still feel a little off to me. Any suggestions?? The last problem I seem to be having is the starter (possibly) and Battery. I tried to start the bike and I was getting a lot of just clicking sounds when trying to use electric start. So I just decided to kick start it. which worked. After i got the bike up and running I took it for a very small ride down the block and back. After i got back to the house I noticed fluid Dripping from Battery. Took some paint of the bike and everyting. So any suggestions to these problems or any Advice is greatly apperciated. I have added some pictures of my bike put back togther and also where the Battery was leaking. I think I would like to change the battery and starter out if anyone has some good upgrades they could suggest. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

SaveSave
Save
Save
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1218.jpg (96.3 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_1219.jpg (100.1 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_1220.jpg (97.7 KB, 329 views)

Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #26

Oh I have also ordered 2202 HGK Iridium ix Spark plug DPR8EIX-9 and MSR Steel Shift Lever 1' longer black. I'm always open to advice and suggestions from my fellow riders. Your riding experence and knowledge is greatly appreciated! Thank you for all your help and suggestions!!!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #27

If you have a multimeter,I would check the battery voltage,the voltage with the bike idling,and the voltage with the bike rev'd to 3500 rpm.Most bikes don't start giving full charge until after 3000 rpm.With the bike off,you should have a resting voltage around 12.5 to 13 volts.At idle, the voltage should be 13.7 to 14 volts.At 3500rpm,the voltage should be 14.2 to 14.7 volts.If it's higher,your battery is being boiled and causing the acid drops on the side.If everything checks out,look into a replacement AGM battery.I have had really good luck with Scorpion batteries from batterystuff.com

Old 10-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
If you have a multimeter,I would check the battery voltage,the voltage with the bike idling,and the voltage with the bike rev'd to 3500 rpm.Most bikes don't start giving full charge until after 3000 rpm.With the bike off,you should have a resting voltage around 12.5 to 13 volts.At idle, the voltage should be 13.7 to 14 volts.At 3500rpm,the voltage should be 14.2 to 14.7 volts.If it's higher,your battery is being boiled and causing the acid drops on the side.If everything checks out,look into a replacement AGM battery.I have had really good luck with Scorpion batteries from batterystuff.com
Awesome Thank you for the advice/info. I don't currently own a multimeter But i will get one asap and test everything. And i didn't know about batterystuff.com I will check that site out.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #29

Product from http://www.chromebattery.com/ are recommened in many old post
1 of it http://www.chinariders.net/showpost.php?p=217191

Old 10-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #30

nice ... you did a fine job on this bike, looks good as new ... after you get that battery changed out, a little paint on that side cover will have you looking good as new again there too ... way to stick with it to the finished product