Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #16

For real! Tallboy stroker kit.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #17

Man I’m tempted to go with the 190, 125 isn’t really cutting it and I don’t wanna buy a new bike cause I’m pretty happy with it. Just want some more power.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
Would highly suggest changing the swingarm with something stronger if swapping to the 190. I put a Grom swingarm on mine and replaced the rubber bushings with the brass ones from mnnthbx.com
I ordered one yesterday. I'm looking forward to having real chain adjusters lol. Any real need to change the bushings if they are in decent shape? Mine is coming with bushings, chain adjusters, and chain guard for $119.

Old 04-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #19

What's it take to do a swingarm swap? Does the grom arm bolt right on??

Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganlexow View Post
What's it take to do a swingarm swap? Does the grom arm bolt right on??
So I'm told. Pretty much all the grom parts bolt right on with a few exceptions. I don't know if the grom swingarm is necessary with these swaps, but it cant hurt. Plus the stock chain adjusters are crappy. I suppose one could pull them out and put measurements on them with a grinder.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
So I'm told. Pretty much all the grom parts bolt right on with a few exceptions. I don't know if the grom swingarm is necessary with these swaps, but it cant hurt. Plus the stock chain adjusters are crappy. I suppose one could pull them out and put measurements on them with a grinder.
I can tell you from my experience that not all grom parts bolt on. I bought grom chain adjusters that just barely don't fit in the Vader swingarm. I also bought rearsets that all align with our bikes but I had to do a reverse shift and make a new swingarm bolt from hardened all-thread. Maybe I'll take a $75 chance on a grom swingarm though.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganlexow View Post
I can tell you from my experience that not all grom parts bolt on. I bought grom chain adjusters that just barely don't fit in the Vader swingarm. I also bought rearsets that all align with our bikes but I had to do a reverse shift and make a new swingarm bolt from hardened all-thread. Maybe I'll take a $75 chance on a grom swingarm though.
I'm glad I didnt shell out for just chain adjusters then. They all seemed to be 60 bucks or so anyways. I figure $75 bucks is worth it just to ditch those chain adjusters.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 PM   #23

You need to grind on the frame where the swingarm mounts a tiny bit. As for the rubber bushings. They wear out sooner and I myself didnt want to take arm off again plus they make the bike feel much more solid. I wanted better adjusters without modding the adjuster some they won't fit in the clone arm and being $180. + For the arm extension w/adjusters I wasn't about to do any grinding on them.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #24

I found an example of the (Hellcat) wiring. Should be easy but how do I know which yellow wire is which (coming out of the 190)?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:36 PM   #25

Doesn't matter. Both yellow are lights
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-14-2019, 11:48 PM   #26

Oh cool. So after more reading it looks like there isn't any way to make the cluster display which gear it is in but it will light up neutral?

Just to confirm, for the Hellcat nothing else is needed besides the motor? No special wiring harness, replacing the gas tank, weld a nipple to the bottom of the gas tank, special throttle body, oil catch, oil pump, oil cooler... etc etc. Just the motor, 2 bolts, 5 wires?

Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
Oh cool. So after more reading it looks like there isn't any way to make the cluster display which gear it is in but it will light up neutral?

Just to confirm, for the Hellcat nothing else is needed besides the motor? No special wiring harness, replacing the gas tank, weld a nipple to the bottom of the gas tank, special throttle body, oil catch, oil pump, oil cooler... etc etc. Just the motor, 2 bolts, 5 wires?
That's correct. Engine itself only has a neutral gear position indicator...no way to get gear indication through your stock display cluster.

If you really need a gear indicator there's an aftermarket/universal one that I bought (yet to install or test it though): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H7F8DKY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_VjaTCbP1VFX3C

No special wiring harness is needed. Nothing involving the gas tank needs to be done, no throttle body and no oil pump.

You do need an oil cooler, but the PitsterPro zs190 comes with one! Most places include it with the engine along with a Keihin PE28 carb knock-off. Highly recommend you run an oil cooler one since these are air cooled engines, not running one is very risky. You can find a spot to mount it on a bracket where your old airbox used to be attached to the frame.

Oil catch can is also highly recommended at least while you are breaking the engine in. You'll get a lot of spit back coming out the crankcase breather tube...best to have it directed into a receptacle rather than all over your tires/chain/roads.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:51 AM   #28

I've been reading that you can pull the gear sensor off of your 125 and put it on the 190. I'm still looking into that so I'm not 100% sure as of now. Yeah an oil catch can is a must during break in forsure.
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-15-2019, 06:18 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
I've been reading that you can pull the gear sensor off of your 125 and put it on the 190. I'm still looking into that so I'm not 100% sure as of now. Yeah an oil catch can is a must during break in forsure.
You can cut, solder and use the stock harness to plug in direct to the zs190's neutral wire...but the zs190 engine itself does not have any wiring or sensors to read out gear position besides N...

I'm 95% sure on this. (I've read just about every post in the zs190 Swap Shop on Facebook lolol) If you connect the neutral wires via the harness connectors, it just makes it easier to disconnect everything should decides to go back to your old 125 engine. I think thats the only benefit. But hey I could be wrong on all of this!

Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #30

Here's a great video on wiring the zs190 -