Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #16

That frame brace bolts up the bottom motor rub plate (for lack of a better term) the footpegs are also connected to this. Has two more bolts directly into the engine case on the bottom. They came loose already and I locktighted them back.
Hooper's site list the motor as 7.3 at 8500rpm.
http://www.hooperimports.com/product.asp?pf_id=QP100GY
I know that this one is not winding out anywhere near 8500 right now, maybe it will rev more once it breaks in. I figure it has around 9 hours run time now. With me riding it on the street, it wound out pretty good and had decent speed.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #17

Actually, one thing that raises my attention to the bike is the disc brake. XR's big problem is brakes, for mini road racing. One of my chassis is in Houston at a friends who is a machinest. He's got a spare KX80 front end he says he can fit to it pretty easily. I have a wheel on my motard already with a 125 disc and caliper spacer machined for it and a 17x2.50 front wheel with a 125GP Bridgestone soft compound road racing slick mounted on it. We get the front done, we just have to put a 17 on the rear and another slick and I need to finish the motor.

This little bike, with the disc brakes, looks like a pretty nice palate for a motard build. Not much aftermarket for it would be the only problem, have to work around some things I reckon. There is one chinese small wheeled auto clutch 110cc bike that won the novice lightweight endurance championship in 2005's endurance series with TMGP. That might be China's first racing championship in America.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #18

The disc stops very well, it was slightly misaligned when I first put the front wheel on, rubbed on the right side. I shimmed the whole unit over a little with a set of precision washers. Now no rub. I continue to be impressed with the little Lifan 100. It is very easy for my novice riding son to ride. It will pull almost from a virtual stop. He has stalled it taking off with the clutch, but he has never stalled it out while riding, and he is real cautious and slow right now. The frame is sized right, with a stiffer shock and forks, it might be a real sleeper.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #19

Here is a couple more pics of the thing on the back of the cylinder. Is it a cam tensioner?

Here is what I found to be a quick mod to the exghaust

Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 AM   #20

TZ, can you tell from the other pics if this is a overhead cam motor?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #21

Also TZ rider, I found the motors on sale here
http://www.hooperimports.com/product...id=100cc%2D4Mi

Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #22

First off, nice bikes. Wish mine both looked that clean.

It looks to be a pushrod motor. I do not see the valve adjusting plugs in the VC.Also, I do not see the chrome plate on the side of the head for camshaft removal. But then it has something that appears to be a tensioner for a chain. Not that familiar with the 100cc, but if this was a 150 to 250, I would say it was a pushrod motor.

I thought of buying my wife a 100cc, but with them not being street legal, I decided against it. Plus it is fun to watch her pop wheelies everytime she forgets to back off the throttle on the trail 70. Semi auto's are great for wheelies!

Old 03-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #23

Nice front yard brother. Ya I'd ride dirt too, hard not to with a view like that. 30 minutes at highway speed and I can start to see country.