Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #16

Thanks.

I have the same motor as you, but my cam is not out for me to measure.
Do you recall which one you ordered?

Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #17

yup i i used this one
BCI'S LIFAN_REV_CAM LIFAN_140'S set (200148/200149)

$49.99

it comes with new springs but i didn't use them on mine.
assuming you have the same motor on yours it should work.
there was one thing about it that was different from the stock cam, the cam itself is shorter so the oil feed at the end of the head isn't as good a seal as i had hoped but it still works(so far)
I'm probably gonna get an oil cooler kit with a new cam bearing cover for a 140cc so it matches up better to the cam.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #18

Thank you.

I already put a 26 mm carb on last year, and I'm looking for a little more power, just for fun.
I hardly ever ride it, but when I do, it's a blast.

When I got mine, I thought it had a 14T sprocket. It felt like it would easily pull another tooth, so I went 1 tooth up.
I'll have to recheck, and see if it is a 15 now. A 16T would be crazy.
I also have the inner rotor kit, so maybe I'll do that while I'm waiting for the cam to arrive.
I tried the aftermarket cdi, but found the stock one to work better, and make more power.

Thanks again.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #19

I have ordered from "beatrice cycle" with good results also. The website is http://www.dratv.com/ There is also alot of very good information there too.

Allen

Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #20

I thought mine came stock with a 14 tooth front sprocket but when i counted them it turns out it's actually a 15 tooth. and the 16 tooth sprocket I bought came in the wrong chain size. So I'm gonna have to buy another one.

I used the cdi that came with the inner rotor kit and it's working great so far. The bike is really fun to ride, the back tire is getting a little worn so when i giver the rear end likes to kick out. I'm pretty sure it would beat my 250 gio in an acceleration race!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #21

I bought one of those $20 aftermarket cdi's. It wasn't very good, and you could definitely tell a difference with the stock one. We'll see how the IR kit goes.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #22

If you're doing your mods in stages do you mind keeping us updated on how the bike responds to each one?
Thats the one drawback with doing them all at once is that the bike is way different now but I have no idea which mods had the most effect. I have a feeling that the cam did alot because in a side-by-side comparison between the 2 cams the bci cam was alot bigger and they both had the exact same base circle.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #23

I certainly will.
If I have time, I'll degree the stock cam, and the aftermarket cam, and post the numbers.
I'm in the custom camshaft business, but if I can buy a cam for $50, it doesn't make sense to regrind one.

Installing the carb made a huge difference. It pulls harder, and longer. Once I did the carb, it was apparent that the stock cam is very mild. Power is very strong on the bottom, but signs off very early. My guess is that it has a duration at .050" lift in the 200 range, and should be in the 230-240 range for stronger midrange. The aftermarket CDI was a dud. The bike was slower, and weaker than with the stock one.
The difference was very much noticeable. I believe this is the one
http://www.fasttrails.com/Item.aspx?...nition_Lifan__

Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #24

it was a decent day today so I did a little monkeying with the idle mixture on my bike. I only had a piece of wire cause all my bits were either too long or too short to use. I got it tuned pretty well, it still has some slight bog to it but nothing like it was. This little bike is insane now! It pulls wheelies in first gear without even trying! just twist the throttle and up comes the front wheel, the more you twist the higher the wheel goes! It seriously feels like a race bike now. I'm sure it's way faster accelerating than the 250cc now. I highly recommend these mods to anyone looking to get more power out of these bikes. It feels like a 2-stroke 125.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 AM   #25

I said I would post pics of my bike a long time ago and never got around to it. So today I took a few pics of it while I was getting it ready to take on my snowmobiling trip this weekend. The lake I'm going to usually has about a foot of snow covering the ice so I studded the tires and I'm gonna see how it does in the snow!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #26

That's exactly the rear shock I was looking for when my son had the same bike; never did find the shock.

Your bike looks great; dig the carbon fiber. Have you swapped out the swingarm bushings for Honda parts?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #27

Oh my gosh is that a cool/bada$$ looking machine. Looks like it was an 'extra' in a Max Max movie. 8O

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #28

I got the rear shock off ebay, it was about $200 shipped! But the ride is so much nicer that it was worth every penny.
The swingarm bushings are still stock. I figured I would wait until they are worn out before I replace them.

I can't wait to see how she goes in the snow!!!
I'm gonna get someone to ride beside me with a sled so I can figure out its top speed. i'm gonna guess it's somewhere around 80 kmh.