Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #16

Yamaha RX50

PS heres a shot of the RX50, this thing is AMAZING! Love it Put some cafe bars on there and a custom made a sweet skull headlight for it lol

[/img]

Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #17

Re: Titling etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_51_deluxe
As for the highway thing, I find it hard to believe it wouldnt at least make it on the highway, I have a 2 stroke 49cc Yamaha RX50 and it will do 55mph on the flat. Basically double the house power with the VL200 right? The right ratio etc you really dont think it would work? Im not talking about long distance riding etc, just able to get on for a bit then off. Thoughts on that?
The concern is that you have nothing left to accelerate away from trouble. That was Doc's unfortunate experience.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #18

I like my china bike but personally I feel that the reason there is no youtube videos of them doing big awesome jumps is that they would likley snap in half upon landing without some sort of heavy reinforcment. Just my opinion.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #19

Quote:
...As for the highway thing, I find it hard to believe it wouldnt at least make it on the highway, I have a 2 stroke 49cc Yamaha RX50 and it will do 55mph on the flat. Basically double the house power with the VL200 right? The right ratio etc you really dont think it would work? Im not talking about long distance riding etc, just able to get on for a bit then off. Thoughts on that?...
You will definitely place yourself at serious risk if you ride one of these 200cc, 4-stroke motorcycles on limited access highways. I encourage you to read the last few posts in the following thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...=120371#120371

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #20

That is an interesting way to transport you bike.

Doc, has already been hit and others have had close calls. I only got on a limited access highway once. That was enough.

We are not talking about 55mph roads, but the ones with 60 and 65mph speed limits.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #21

Quote:
I called my local licensing department, and they said as long as I have the MOS of the bike and that it doesnt say "not for road use" or something like that, then they would be able to do the paper work for it.
Just Be sure you can get it through customs !!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #22

[quote=PS LOVE the Qlink, that think looks awesome, yet again though, youtube vids with no real "riding" in em C'mon I wanna see a wheel or jump or something [/quote]

Ok no Wheelies or Jumps in this one But It is a "Riding Video" - LOL

Oooops almost forgot this one:

I only have 28 Miles on her Still taking things easy Breaking her in - But yeah I'd like to see some more riding videos myself of the Qlink - The ones I have seen are not actually "Qlinks"

I really want a GoPro Cam to get some good riding Videos.

Andrew
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #23

Here's a link to just one of my riding events, if you want to see an old guy riding a china bike.

It's heavily edited, but fun. (I cut out the fallover in the mud) Just a bit of mud riding and a drive by.

Once my upgrades are done I'm hoping to have more videos and some showing of the space between the ground and me.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #24

Thanks

Thanks for the videos guys! The bikes actually look pretty awesome! Man I gotta get some money saved up so that I can get one of these bad boys!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgram
Here's a link to just one of my riding events, if you want to see an old guy riding a china bike.

It's heavily edited, but fun. (I cut out the fallover in the mud) Just a bit of mud riding and a drive by.

Once my upgrades are done I'm hoping to have more videos and some showing of the space between the ground and me.
Loved it! The soundtrack was perfect.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #26

EPA

Hummmmmmmm so it looks like the EPA thing might make this a bit more difficult. Anyone know what the deal is with getting around this? Perhaps take it to emissions? etc? What can a guy do?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #27

Needs to be EPA certified by the manufacturer. It won't get through customs without it.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #28

Buy whats compatible and Available - Qlink, and I'm sure the other guys here can name alot more bikes that are really great and have a proven history. It's a nice looking bike and all but is it really worth all the hassle? You'll end up having parts issues etc.....Get one that has a proven history.
Sorry just my 2 cents - Sounds like your about to give yourself a major headache just trying to figure out how to actually get one! AGAIN is it worth it?

Andrew
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #29

Nother possible Bike

Did some searching around, found another really cool Motard. Its made by Apollo/Orion Its called the 36-RX Xtreme. Looks amazing, and best part is its EPA certified. Anyone seen herd etc about these?

http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcy...W250M_327.html

Old 03-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #30

They sold alot of pit bikes and small dirt bikes in the US. I have not seen any street legal ones.