Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #1

Street beater Panterra 125 gy-2

2004 Panterra 125 from what I can gather. Had it for awhile, just now really getting in to it. I rode it twice last year and pushed it home twice last year. It's not a light bike and I live in east TN. There is no flat land, I swear it's uphill both ways. That's the way it feels at least. Because of this and the fact I can't title it I'm in the process of stripping it. I want it as light and simple as possible. It's not a commuter just a beater. The only thing left is all the excess bracketry to cut off and moving the toolkit. I'm going to remove the triangular frame sections for the rear peg mounts too. I'd honestly like to go supermoto but I need to do some more research first. I may be able to get this thing legal soon so we'll see. I'm going to go flat black on everything but the engine and rims. Still have some electrical work to but it runs good. Needs the lifters adjusted though. I want to go with a plastic tank, anybody know a good bolt in preferrably in black? Performance wise the only thing I've done is port the headpipe, drill out the muffler, put on a 43 tooth sprocket and adjust the carb. The slow jet seems to be pretty lean. It doesn't really like to start without choke even when warm. I have a pod and jet kit in the mail. This thing is asking for a real silencer too. I'm probably going to bump up the pilot jet and remove the choke assembly completely. You'd be surprised the difference it makes getting that butterfly out of the way. I'm going to wait on that till I decide if I'm going to kepp this carb or not. Should be doing an engine swap soon.