Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascot500 View Post
1. The OP said that he connected to the headlight wire. IF he has connected his LED turn signals to an unrectified power (which is a yellow wire on MY GY6) that may explain why they are not working.
2. A light bulb filament can't tell whether the applied voltage is AC or DC, it's just a filament.
3. V=IR If voltage is constant a 1 ohm resistor flows twice as much a 2 ohm resistor.
Also I=V/R
4. Power consumed is V*I so a 1 ohm resistor will dissipate twice as much as a 2 ohm resistor

he's using LEDs isn't he? Not light bulbs. They care.

You seem to misunderstand. I'm very aware of how resistance works.

he stated "Also, LED's have a higher resistance which means they consume less power"

I was clarifying that "More resistance != less power usage"

And it does not. In many cases such as a motor, if it has some resistance in the circuit it can cause the voltage to drop and it will just pull more amps.

The amount of power usage is unchanged or sometimes higher because of inefficiencies when more resistance is in the circuit.

He seemed to think that because LEDs have more resistance they are more efficient, that's not how it works.

There is much more to it than (higher resistance = less power used)

As for the wires connected, i was under the impression the lights were LEDs with 3 wires, one for ground, two for power. One to be powered by the turn signal switch and one to be powered by the headlight to always be on so that they light up white and yellow when turning.

Which is why I suggested testing the lights unhooked to verify that they work first. It should be simple to test.

If they work, hook up the turn signals and test again, then the headlight and test without turns hooked up.

If he tests each circuit he can find which one is the issues.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:26 PM   #17

I can't quite discern who "he" and "you" are in the preceding post.

Regardless I can tell you two things for certain:
1. In a purely resistive circuit with a constant voltage, current and resistance are inversely proportional.

2. The head light circuit on MY GY6 scoot is AC - I have verified that with a meter and I am currently running aftermarket 12 volt headlights, but they are not LED's

When the original poster mentioned that he connected one of the LED wires to his headlight wire, I only replied because I knew that in my case, that wire carries AC, and it is something to check.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:29 AM   #18

Ty yall were right. I tied into my headlight for constant which only worked with the headlight switch was on..a circuit somewhere.in the leds wasnt being completed without switch on. Tied it in to the signals need to find a new constant for the white kight/night mode. Fork leds function as signal and running light. The running light part is what was messin yp