Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2021, 05:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
I changed mine for the gearing. Wanted a little more highway performance. Maybe someone can chime in on their quality as I never gave mine a chance. A new rear sprocket requires spacers. CSC sells the spacers and sprockets together. Others have used ebay or amazon for the sprocket purchase and made their own spacers.
Did you ever install the exhaust?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Did you ever install the exhaust?
Not yet buddy, but I keep threatening to do so.
"

I'm currently working on modifying brackets to mount "Shad S23" hard bags on my Honda CTX700. The exhaust will be my next project.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #18

I kept my OE chain, adjusted it every other ride, then it failed the second season and took out my swingarm with it! For all the hassle change it ASAP, I wish I would have,it stretches and stretches till it fails. Also stock gearing is more 70% trail, 30% road. Or if your doing mods like exhaust & carb and want highway capability then your changing sprockets anyway.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #19

Cool, I'll order the chains for sure. Stock sounds like the gearing I want. 70/30 dirt is about what I plan to do and when I do ride on the street it will just be messing around locally, no freeways or anything. I may end up keeping my Vstrom for longer road trips in the summer. I'm having trouble parting with it now... I did buy the carb jet kit just because I noticed it got a bit fuel starved on higher RPM's on my test ride at CSC but stock exhaust is good for me.

My bikes arrived on Friday in two big boxes. The driver was obviously upset that he had to deliver them. He called me on his way with a bit of a grumpy attitude and asked if I had a forklift to unload them!? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he thought he was delivering to a business? I haven't met too many homeowners with a forklift lying around... Anyway, I had a couple friends come over to help in case delivery wasn't easy. It wasn't. Seemed a bit unsafe to be honest. The driver had me balancing the bikes and the pallet jack while the liftgate was dropping. If I would have let go, the bikes and pallet jack would have come crashing off the liftgate! I thought it was a bit weird, but we eventually got them unloaded safely. Boy was that driver pissed too! Took quite awhile to unload. I tried to be thankful and polite but he wasn't having it! Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess...

I started them up today for the first time and rode down to the gas station to fill the tanks. They seem to run great so far! I had a friend come over and go for a ride and he is thinking about getting one too now! He hasn't ridden since 2005 when he was a motorcycle cop but he loved riding around the neighborhood today!

Old 01-11-2021, 01:34 AM   #20

Congrats on a successful although grumpy delivery. He probably dislikes residential deliveries as they can be a pain in the ass. You did your part and had help readily available. Not sure what else he wanted? Show us some pics when you hit the trails. Ride safe Matt.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:43 AM   #21

Thanks man - just got to figure out how to resize images so they conform to the forum guidelines!

Old 01-12-2021, 03:59 AM   #22

Getting a new bike is always the best feeling.

As far as the driver goes... I was a driver once and it's hard to say why he would have been grumpy. Bad loadout on the trailer caused him to have a longer than usual day. Maybe he didn't like delivering the bikes (it's possible). Some drivers just don't like residential stuff, and I don't blame them. Even a single axle tractor with a 26ft trailer can be a challenge in some neighborhoods.

I tossed both of my delivery guys 20 bucks for being patient while I checked the bikes out, and for making the extra effort to drop them in my garage. Technically speaking, they aren't allowed to take tips, so I told them they dropped it (hint hint, nudge nudge).
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-13-2021, 03:13 AM   #23

Yeah, well, it wasn't the biggest deal. He just had a box truck so it's not like a full on semi with a trailer. I live on a quiet, residential street that is wide with plenty of room to maneuver. He was probably just annoyed with what the company gave him to deliver that day. Seemed like he was probably an independent contractor that just takes what they happen to give him. Anyway, like I said, I tried to be polite and luckily was able to get friends to come over on a weekday on short notice so whatever. Yeah, who knows what was going on with him. Hope the rest of his day went better!

Anyway - so I'm looking for the right chain to buy. Choco suggested Unibear. Is this the right one?

https://www.amazon.com/Unibear-Motorcycle-Connecting-Technology-Resistance/dp/B01E4G6R20/ref=sr_1_3?crid=102DXUC9KKTPI&dchild=1&keywords=un ibear+428+chain&qid=1610525410&sprefix=unibear+428 %2Caps%2C285&sr=8-3

Looks like there is a choice between 116 and 136 links in the 428 size.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:44 AM   #24

Megadan - is there a "TT250 Information and resource Guide" like the one you have in your signature for the Hawk?

Old 01-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B View Post
Megadan - is there a "TT250 Information and resource Guide" like the one you have in your signature for the Hawk?
Have you searched around the CSC site? They are really good with stuff like that, not to mention there are numerous videos on their site and YouTube. Many people with Hawks use the CSC site to help set up their bikes since the two bikes are fairly similar.

Congrats on the bikes. I would suggest to contact CSC about the delivery driver. Not to get him fired or anything, but CSC is pretty much a brick and mortar dealer--the only one in fact for their bikes in the US--who happen to ship their bikes across the US. The delivery companies they use are somewhat representative of CSC itself, even though they (CSC) go through independent contractors. If everything goes really good with the purchase part, but most every customer gets drivers with bad attitudes, their business would likely suffer later on once word gets out ("CSC was really good to deal with, but their delivery driver tossed my bike over the fence into my front yard and yelled at me!"). They would probably want to know about your negative experience with the driver so they can remedy it. Just my two cents.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #26

Matt, this is what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 01-13-2021, 11:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Thanks, appreciate it - that's perfect. I'll order them today and have them around. My plan is to just kind of ride as is and break in the motors and keep the rpm's low for the first 500 miles until their suggested 1st service. Then when I do that I'll install the carb jet kit and change the chain out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Have you searched around the CSC site? They are really good with stuff like that, not to mention there are numerous videos on their site and YouTube. Many people with Hawks use the CSC site to help set up their bikes since the two bikes are fairly similar.

Congrats on the bikes. I would suggest to contact CSC about the delivery driver. Not to get him fired or anything, but CSC is pretty much a brick and mortar dealer--the only one in fact for their bikes in the US--who happen to ship their bikes across the US. The delivery companies they use are somewhat representative of CSC itself, even though they (CSC) go through independent contractors. If everything goes really good with the purchase part, but most every customer gets drivers with bad attitudes, their business would likely suffer later on once word gets out ("CSC was really good to deal with, but their delivery driver tossed my bike over the fence into my front yard and yelled at me!"). They would probably want to know about your negative experience with the driver so they can remedy it. Just my two cents.
Yeah, I've seen their website and yes, it's really cool that they are in to not just selling you some crappy bike and sending you on your way but also trying to help you fix and maintain what you bought. Awesome business model. And yeah, I'll consider letting them know about my driver. He wasn't horrible, just kind of sour attitude but he got the job done. But I agree, it's something CSC might want to know about since I'm sure they want people to have a good experience all the way through. I think that's a main selling point for people to pay the extra money over one of the other, cheaper, Chinese 250 dual sports (not to mention in California it's our ONLY option if we want to register it). I would really like to see them succeed in to the future. I think it's a really cool company. I'm glad I took the time to go down there in person and talk to them. A bunch of super nice people.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #28

You want at least 130 links for the TT, all the ones CSC sells for it are 130. I think I bought a 136 so I'd have a few links left over and I think I ended up with 5 spare links. As for brand anything is better then stock, so whichever suits your budget. I prefer the HD variety as I'm cheap and they won't rob power like the additional friction of a o-ring/x-ring chain but it sacrifices longevity in the end. It is easier to spin the rear wheel of a HD chain compared to an o or x ring but the difference is probably not even noticable to the engine.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
You want at least 130 links for the TT, all the ones CSC sells for it are 130. I think I bought a 136 so I'd have a few links left over and I think I ended up with 5 spare links. As for brand anything is better then stock, so whichever suits your budget. I prefer the HD variety as I'm cheap and they won't rob power like the additional friction of a o-ring/x-ring chain but it sacrifices longevity in the end. It is easier to spin the rear wheel of a HD chain compared to an o or x ring but the difference is probably not even noticable to the engine.
Biker Andy is right about the link count. The one I ordered needed two links removed. You might have to invest in a chain breaker tool.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:49 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
Cool, thanks. You're using terms unfamiliar to me but I'm excited to learn. This morning I ordered the chains Essayons linked to on Amazon. Maybe next time I'll learn a bit more about chain types.

Quote:
Biker Andy is right about the link count. The one I ordered needed two links removed. You might have to invest in a chain breaker tool.
Yeah, I figured I should get one. I'll watch some Youtube videos and learn how to take the extra links out. Thanks.

Tags
csc tt250