Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #16

This is my tailight mod. I later wired it in to the headlight, was just testing here.

Its a 2 LED sucker and it comes on / goes off with the headlights. Pretty bright and a lot safer IMO.

I dont want to hear one damn word about the screwdriver....fathers day gift from No.1 daughter and I have to use it now and again.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Small chassis and a big engine... Kind of like a Vega with a 350! It's too bad about the color and exhaust thing, I kind of get the impression that John does such a large volume of business that mistakes are inevitable. I hope he makes it right to you, like you said, some small token to make up for the mistake. I have only dealt with him a couple of times on shipping damage stuff and he sounded sincere.

On the perf parts front, if it was running good I would be inclined to leave it and either save the parts for spares when something breaks or flog em on ebay. Choice is up to you, but my school of thought is "if it aint broke..." I think your son will have a blast with it!

Regards,
Stew
Yes, I do remember

I am starting to fall off the fence...towards leaving it well enough alone (for once).

Old 10-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
I paid 162 and was lucky to get it. I think when they first came out they were experimenting a little and now the. Market has set the price.
As for the dual exhaust it is supposed to come wirh it according to the new description and pics shown on the website, therefore I kinda want what I paid for.

I need an entire new header pipe as well as another can.

As TurboT also mentioned these are killer little 110's and I am seriously considering a mini beast for my daugther to play around on.
My 110 Mini Beast came out of the box and runs like a top with no adjustements. I put the CDI on for fun and it did seem to repair the occasional misfire. When I got it, lots of people told me to upgrade it with performance parts and better carb, and I just found it perfectly fine the way it is.

As you say, it roars up to speed just fine to the point I wouldn't want to go faster on it, let alone let me 7 year old have more speed. The suspension already bucked my daughter off, and if there were any upgrades I'd spend money on it would be shocks.

Too bad you weren't close to me Pete, I've got this mini beast sitting here, and it's even orange.

I would say if you can get the Mini Beast together in 30 mins, I'll call you "Sir"
Oh but TurboT...you mean just "buy" one?? Like, assembled already?? The HORROR!
Now I know if I bought it from you I wouldnt have to do anything except start it up but jeez...look at all the fun I'd be missing out on...scraped knucks...hunting for washers...oil puddles on my garage floor...carb tuning with little pieces I can barely see...cross threaded bolts....the list goes on....you would take all that way from me????

Oh, I've heard the mini beast is the most invloved to assemble. If I could match whatever time you took, I'd consider myself lucky.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #19

Nice taillight, i too considered a taillight for my son's 50, i was going to hook into the headlights and use a resistor and a diode so the brakelight would only come on 1/2 bright, i never completed it though.

How's the front end suspension on yours?, mine is very,very stiff, the back is good but the front, not so much.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #20

Hahaha.. I didn't even notice the pink 'driver til you mentioned it.

It's okay, I took my PINK 50cc for a burn this afternoon around the neighborhood. I'm sure I look more of a fool riding something pink, than you do twisting.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #21

Hey, it's halloween, anything goes

Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Hey, it's halloween, anything goes
I took the orange mini beast I'm trying to sell out after, big pumpkin. Have to say, the mini beast is much faster and handles speed better than the 50cc.. the mini atv almost becomes like a motorcylce at speed, have to make sure you're not leaning to much one way or it veers. 8O

Old 10-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Oh but TurboT...you mean just "buy" one?? Like, assembled already?? The HORROR!
Now I know if I bought it from you I wouldnt have to do anything except start it up but jeez...look at all the fun I'd be missing out on...scraped knucks...hunting for washers...oil puddles on my garage floor...carb tuning with little pieces I can barely see...cross threaded bolts....the list goes on....you would take all that way from me????

Oh, I've heard the mini beast is the most invloved to assemble. If I could match whatever time you took, I'd consider myself lucky.
Hahaha, yeah you'd be missing all the fun that's for sure. I can leave the lights that need replacing for you if you'd be happier. (have the parts just haven't put them on)

The Mini Beast comes with a lot of assembly.. the shocks, the exhaust and lots of grills and plastic pieces on top of what you put on for the mini atv. It took me 8 hours the first time, but that was because I was working blind without any previous knowledge of these things, and trying to make sure everything was 'perfect' .. the second one I did faster, maybe 5 hours but I had some fitting issues with it too.

If you like assembly, the mini beast is for you.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Nice taillight, i too considered a taillight for my son's 50, i was going to hook into the headlights and use a resistor and a diode so the brakelight would only come on 1/2 bright, i never completed it though.

How's the front end suspension on yours?, mine is very,very stiff, the back is good but the front, not so much.
Similar to the old Chebby truck commercial.."Like a rock".

Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #25

How do the mini 110s compare in size to the hummer 110s? My girlfriends kid loves my 110cc hummer but he is 5 and it's too big for him to ride by himself. Are these smaller than the hummers?

Also I was just on the gio site and they dont even list the hummer atvs for sale anymore, so they must have been blowing out their inventory.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_addict
How do the mini 110s compare in size to the hummer 110s? My girlfriends kid loves my 110cc hummer but he is 5 and it's too big for him to ride by himself. Are these smaller than the hummers?

Also I was just on the gio site and they dont even list the hummer atvs for sale anymore, so they must have been blowing out their inventory.
TurboT has both, but I can tell you the wheels and tires are smaller, seat height is a bit lower, rear axle is 2" narrower, and the dimensions look to be about an inch or two smaller all round.

This mini with the 110 MUST BE GOVERNED for a 5yr old. The thing scoots, I mean REALLY scoots.

PUT A TAILIGHT ON...I can see the kid going up the road from 3 blocks away now. Mine was commercial, but you can get em at C/T for 6 bucks.

The 5yr old would just love it

Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #27

Quote:

I've seen a 5 year old ride a mini hummer like he stole it, probably a better rider than me for the size/weight ratio.

I've also seen a 5 year old (mine) not be able to control a 50cc mini atv like PCD's 110cc.

It all depends on the child. If he can't control your mini hummer, he's more than likely not able to control the mini atv either. I tried to compensate on mine by tipping the bars closer to the rider so she could reach better, but I think it's presents even more bump steer/bar feedback which makes it even worse.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:

I've seen a 5 year old ride a mini hummer like he stole it, probably a better rider than me for the size/weight ratio.

I've also seen a 5 year old (mine) not be able to control a 50cc mini atv like PCD's 110cc.

It all depends on the child. If he can't control your mini hummer, he's more than likely not able to control the mini atv either. I tried to compensate on mine by tipping the bars closer to the rider so she could reach better, but I think it's presents even more bump steer/bar feedback which makes it even worse.
TurboT: I'm going for a set of mini shocks. I am going to remove 2 coils and see what they are like. I dont want to bother taking them apart and fooling with them although less oil more air may help, but I think its mostly spring pressure in this case.

I cant see 2 coils introducing ang significant sag and it wouldnt be a bad thing anyway.

Will let everyone know how it works out.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #29

I also have a new spare set of front spindles that i plan on extending 1.5"-2" to make my sons 50cc a little more stable, i know it works great on my 110cc T1 Rebel and my Beast when the front end is wider than the rear.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
TurboT: I'm going for a set of mini shocks. I am going to remove 2 coils and see what they are like. I dont want to bother taking them apart and fooling with them although less oil more air may help, but I think its mostly spring pressure in this case.

I cant see 2 coils introducing ang significant sag and it wouldnt be a bad thing anyway.

Will let everyone know how it works out.
Pete, just cutting two coils will likely make it bouncier, not easier to control. Observe the kids in Honda Civics that took the cheap route and cut coils; their cars bounce like go-karts.

Pete, I think the secret is to soften the spring, widen the track and eliminate bumpsteer.

I swapped the front wheels around on my daughter's 150 Monster today before we went riding, and the dished rims provided a considerably wider track. It feels much more stable now.

The next step will be to put the front end on a jackstand, unbolt the top of one shock and cycle the wheel up and down. As the wheel is moved through the suspension arc, the wheel will toe out at the top, straighten in the middle and then toe out at the bottom again. The trick is to mount the shock so that the wheel is just outside of toe out (at the bottom of the arc) when at rest. That way, the wheel will remain straight as the shock compresses.

Right now, the front shocks on my daughter's quad are mounted too high in the arc (read: the shocks could be longer or they could be mounted further down). I'll either make a shock extension that screws into the upper mount, or I'll remount the shock mount a little lower.

The by-product will be that the front end is raised a bit, but meh.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer