Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
C.A.R.B. approval!
I do understand C.A.R.B. That is not very easy to do.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitze View Post
I do understand C.A.R.B. That is not very easy to do.
And very
$$$$$

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #18

Much respect to Adam for asking this kind of question.

Past: Honda NC700x, Suzuki DR650, Taotao ATM-50-A1, Taotao Evo 150cc, Honda Spree 50 2str, 1982 Katana 550

Old 02-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #19

Hey Fitze here is the website I'm referring to.

http://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/

In CT I have a contact at our DMV and they require the vehicle be certified (not sure that is the correct term) by NHTSA. If you go to the WMI portion at the bottom and click it and put in LHJ (Storm) it return this:

LHJ Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co Ltd 33 Yuqing Road Yudong Town 401320 China Motorcycle

The magic word is Motorcycle, you got that you got highway approval and no hassles at any DMV (Except California).

I would love it if the Hawk (WMI L0W) were listed, I think Adam could sell tons of them.

Hey Adam I saw a picture of an "Adam Rinkliff" rockin a FN P90. Was that you? I love my P90. Makes body armor just another layer of clothing.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Hey Fitze here is the website I'm referring to.

http://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/

In CT I have a contact at our DMV and they require the vehicle be certified (not sure that is the correct term) by NHTSA. If you go to the WMI portion at the bottom and click it and put in LHJ (Storm) it return this:

LHJ Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co Ltd 33 Yuqing Road Yudong Town 401320 China Motorcycle

The magic word is Motorcycle, you got that you got highway approval and no hassles at any DMV (Except California).

I would love it if the Hawk (WMI L0W) were listed, I think Adam could sell tons of them.

Hey Adam I saw a picture of an "Adam Rinkliff" rockin a FN P90. Was that you? I love my P90. Makes body armor just another layer of clothing.
Thanks for the info pistolclass

Old 02-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #21

I'd recommend snail-type chain adjusters and a stainless exhaust header. The header is the first part to rust.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
C.A.R.B. approval!

Not sure how anyone affords to live in that over-regulated, overtaxed, over liberalized state. Met a guy who moved his IT business up here from San Jose last year. He figures just in taxes alone he will add over 20% to his bank account. His quote " saving enough in taxes to pay cash for a new Ford Raptor" Must be nice!! He said in 2014 with taxes, business licenses, astronomical insurance, auto license fees, Property taxes Ect on top of federal taxes he was paying 55% of his income in taxes. For what he sold his house for in town on a postage stamp, he bought an estate on 40 acres here! His property taxes are 20% of what he was paying in Cali. He's got a world class clay shooting range and also a 500 yard target range. Actually met him at the gun shop picking up a bunch of 30 RD mags for some buddies of his. It's no wonder so many are moving here. Y'all in Cali put up with more than i would!

Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Not sure how anyone affords to live in that over-regulated, overtaxed, over liberalized state. Met a guy who moved his IT business up here from San Jose last year. He figures just in taxes alone he will add over 20% to his bank account. His quote " saving enough in taxes to pay cash for a new Ford Raptor" Must be nice!! He said in 2014 with taxes, business licenses, astronomical insurance, auto license fees, Property taxes Ect on top of federal taxes he was paying 55% of his income in taxes. For what he sold his house for in town on a postage stamp, he bought an estate on 40 acres here! His property taxes are 20% of what he was paying in Cali. He's got a world class clay shooting range and also a 500 yard target range. Actually met him at the gun shop picking up a bunch of 30 RD mags for some buddies of his. It's no wonder so many are moving here. Y'all in Cali put up with more than i would!
We are getting off topic here, but watch out for Californians--seriously! Make them feel welcome, but if their politics don't jive with yours and most of those around you, get them to move out asap! It sounds like this guy will be a boon to your state, but keep a weary eye on others...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #24

lol

Quote:
had a friend go up thru kalispell on vacation in june one year. fell in love with it. sold his house in california, bought a big place and moved in. happy as a clam. then came december. 45 below on the mountain near him, blizzard cirty. life threatening to try to walk from his house to one of the sheds. didnt hear from him till bout april. sold his place, moved down to oregon.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
We are getting off topic here, but watch out for Californians--seriously! Make them feel welcome, but if their politics don't jive with yours and most of those around you, get them to move out asap! It sounds like this guy will be a boon to your state, but keep a weary eye on others...

Theirs ex Californians here and then theirs Granola's. We dislike the Granola's....

Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
had a friend go up thru kalispell on vacation in june one year. fell in love with it. sold his house in california, bought a big place and moved in. happy as a clam. then came december. 45 below on the mountain near him, blizzard cirty. life threatening to try to walk from his house to one of the sheds. didnt hear from him till bout april. sold his place, moved down to oregon.

Not sure where he was as it NEVER gets that cold around here. Hell we haven't had snow in nearly a month. Been in the 40's for the last month for the most part. 54 yesterday. http://www.nvhosp.org/visitors/local-area/

Old 02-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Like everywhere else I've traveled around the U.S., you take the good with the bad.
Back on topic, CSC is having a bike cleared for sale here, along with SSR's that are available and have been for years....like my Q Link. I do understand marketing and know also that if Hawk, Storm, et al is selling boatloads of these things elsewhere without the hassle or need to deal with C.A.R.B., cool. We can always make a suggestion though.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd recommend snail-type chain adjusters and a stainless exhaust header. The header is the first part to rust.
Yes on both

My RPS Vipers have the snail-type chain adjusters.

So brake design, snail-type chain adjusters and a stainless exhaust header.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #29

anyone have a link for a snail type that is the right fit for the hawk?

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 02-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
anyone have a link for a snail type that is the right fit for the hawk?
That would take either some fabrication or a swap to a different swingarm. The snail type adjusters require a different setup than what the Hawk comes with. My recommendation is that the Hawk be fitted with snail type adjusters from the factory, where an entirely different swingarm could be installed.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer