Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2022, 03:19 PM   #16

Razz

just look at it like the ignition is it’s own circuit and the lights and stuff are there own but yes you are basically making a new wire harness.. that’s the hardest part and what I mean by that it time consuming… the carb hawk has a 8 pole stator so you can’t just order Its stuff and plug and play… but come on it is a simple circuit.. over a weekend… very doable .. patience..

Old 09-11-2022, 04:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1984 View Post
Hey I accidentally burned my $500 ecu up on my hawk 250… soooo yes I ordered one of those wire harness kits off of Amazon so I would have connections… and yes hooked my 11 pile stator to a 6 point cdi and ran the lights and signals etc off of the fused power wire put a 34 mm carb.. I believe it runs better than it ever did when fuel injected.. I have shave the head .75 ported and polished intake and exhaust.. took the cat out well spark arrest… I have a muffler though sort of lol… I have hit 85mph .. and drive it from lake Cumberland my to Cincinnati Ohio.. it needs an oil cooler I change oil often… 500 miles .. I’ve put over 3k on it…
the speedo might have said 85, but you'd need about 20bhp at the rear wheel to do 85
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 07-04-2023, 05:14 PM   #18

Would you share a link for the gas tank you were able to fit? I'm doing the same conversion and was trying to gravity feed with the original tank that have the gas pump. But I can't get a good stream

Old 07-04-2023, 10:12 PM   #19

Have to agree with alex, no way 85 mph. Maybe down a mine shaft.