Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #16

Are you allowed to dual sport a dirt bike in ON? We're no longer allowed to.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #17

Only if it already has a blue plate ,they changed that in about 2004 ,I used to plate just about anything including cr ,kx,yz and rm bikes .

Old 11-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #18

I do wheelies on the hawk all the time. The tire hops from a stand and if i hold the rmp to 5k it will come up and i can ride it.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #19

I drop mine at 5k a it just jump no wheelie I'm gonna buy new ebc clutch for it .Maybe my clutches are bad but I don't see how that could be but. Either that or the motor needs more power.

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #20

I cannot get the xf250 front tire off the ground although I havent tried from a complete stop in 1st yet. I have a 15t front sprocket so maybe thats part of my problem. I used to wheelie no problem on my xl185.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #21

Get rolling, bounce up and down as hard as you can, pull like hell on the bars on the up-bounce, floor it and drop the clutch at 5 grand in first gear and most anything will come off the ground. Just make sure you're wearing a helmet and elbow pads. You can order a tail light and rear fender from many online sites. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You can order a tail light and rear fender from many online sites. ;-)

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #23

Being able to wheelie an off-road motorcycle is an important skill that I do not possess to a great degree LOL. It is useful when getting over obstacles on the trail, that are too high to roll over, but not so high that they would ground out the skid plate.

To one degree or another, the only bike that I will do that not so rarely on, would be the Ducati. When that happens, by the way, it is more the bikes idea than mine LOL.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #24

Front tires last much longer if they spend most of the time in the air.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Get rolling, bounce up and down as hard as you can, pull like hell on the bars on the up-bounce, floor it and drop the clutch at 5 grand in first gear and most anything will come off the ground. Just make sure you're wearing a helmet and elbow pads. You can order a tail light and rear fender from many online sites. ;-)
I'm going to follow this advice, minus the tail light and fender replacement part. I can hear the usual SSR response to a parts request right now: "we don't carry that part now, and no we never will".

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
I'm going to follow this advice, minus the tail light and fender replacement part. I can hear the usual SSR response to a parts request right now: "we don't carry that part now, and no we never will".
Ya know, that's kinda funny. Back when that bike was being sold by Q Link, instead of being branded SSR, parts were readily available. On the rear fender cover, I drilled holes in mine to mount a rear soft pack. Then I thought "What happens when my pack self-destructs over time? I'll have four holes in my fender cover!"...so I hit the Q Link website, ordered a new cover and it arrived in 3 days. I wonder what's up with SSR?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #27

Indeed Qlink had a good parts system that was online. I also had a Qlink that ditched its rear fender and tail light.

The problem with SSR is that they only sell complete component assemblies in many cases, and don't bother with any inexpensive parts. For example: When I asked for replacement spokes SSR told me they only sell complete wheels assemblies. When I asked for a replacement float bowl drain screw they could only offer me a complete carb, and if your front fork damping adjustment screw and o rings are bad you must need a new set of forks! If I wanted a new chain guide from SSR I would have to buy a new XF 250 to get one.

On the bright side, I have found every XF part I need from Suzuki, Pulse Motorcycles, or Taobao thanks to this forum!

Old 07-03-2016, 01:11 AM   #28

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Indeed Qlink had a good parts system that was online. I also had a Qlink that ditched its rear fender and tail light.

The problem with SSR is that they only sell complete component assemblies in many cases, and don't bother with any inexpensive parts. For example: When I asked for replacement spokes SSR told me they only sell complete wheels assemblies. When I asked for a replacement float bowl drain screw they could only offer me a complete carb, and if your front fork damping adjustment screw and o rings are bad you must need a new set of forks! If I wanted a new chain guide from SSR I would have to buy a new XF 250 to get one.

On the bright side, I have found every XF part I need from Suzuki, Pulse Motorcycles, or Taobao thanks to this forum!
Does your engine have a counterbalance? Thanks

Old 07-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #29

It does. It is a Suzuki TU 250 motor with a Tekei CV carb.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #30

Oh and still no wheelies to date. I swapped my 16t sprocket for the stock 13t so maybe it's time to try again.