Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #16

Ok Ok...here's a "preview".

It can be seen at 1:32, and again at 4:07....but it's just sitting in the driveway.

Just a walk around of the old girl

Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #17

Even my stock lesabre would break the tires loose without the supercharger. Of couse I only had 205 rubber. Really surprised the kid in the honda prelude. Wire spoke hubcaps a spinnin.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #18

The Seafoam treatment was like an episode of Trailer Park Boys.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #19

Well, I ordered a COMPLETE set of brakes online Friday and they showed up Yesterday. I started working on the car at about 5:00pm last night and walked in the house at about 8:30 pm.

The Buick has ALL NEW BRAKES!!! The squeaking and shuddering is gone. It stops pretty well for a car that size and it rides like a DREAM!

Next couple of things I need to address are the driver side doorhandle, it needs to be replaced. Then I need to get a front end alignment done and find 4 new tires and she's a car.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #20

Did you figure out the four way flasher issue?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #21

I did! It was a $50.85 signal light flasher!!!! I was NOT impressed with the price, but it was a GM only part, and ONLY the dealer had it.

I got all the new brakes installed, the signal light flasher put in, the "overheating" problem fixed and am working on a new set of tires and a front end alignment.

I think I am into the whole car for like $350 so far?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
The Seafoam treatment was like an episode of Trailer Park Boys.
And that was us being well mannered. You want to see when Corey's brother, Kyle and our buddy Ian come over...we REALLY should be supervised.

On another note, we took my X31, and the 125 I just rebuilt on a 4 hour rip...covered like 30 kilometers and got sunburnt to a crisp...however I think the brain freeze I got from my orange crush slushie cancelled out my burn lol.

I am REALLY impressed with the way that X31 seems to get along now. It's got ALL kinds of power no matter what gear you are in or RPM you are at. I can throw rocks like a 3 year old on a play ground from a dead stop to about 60 MPH when I get too worried about crashing and let off.

Wide open on the paths it's all over the place in first second and third, the back end just walks around like crazy. At first, I thought I had popped a tube and my tire was flat, but after I stopped and checked, I learned it was wheel spin making me fishtail.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #23

I'd be curious to know what the crankshaft numbers are now. That bike sounds like crazy fun.

Good news on the flasher. Bad news on the General gouging you like that.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #24

Great news.

Would you mind please re-listing what you've done to it, I've lost track...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #25

Relisting the mods to the gio?

Head plained 0.020", valve reliefs cut a touch deepet, 0.010" shim removed from head gasket pack, 30mm Mikuni, 115 main, 30 primary jets as Weld said would work, and they do!! Performance CDI box, new fuel lines and high flow filter, custom air filter in stock box (unifoam?) and a kenda millville rear. That bike is WAY faster than a stock X31!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #26

How did you cut the valve reliefs?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #27

I didn't cut them myself, I had a little shop in Dartmouth do them for me. I had them notched for valve clearance, but when I done up my "math" I don't even think I needed them cut. I think the timing and valve list was still less than the piston could reach at TDC. If the cam chain broke, then maybe it would kiss a valve, but I don;t think under normal timing and operation it would hit.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #28

Here is the unveiling of the buick.

That's the best man at my wedding driving the red western star. Hear that train horn? lol

We were both going 100 km/h when I floored it. I went by him at about 160 km/h and then I let off and got back to the limit.

I don't condone driving like a douche, but I wanted to try my new ride out. It seems to haul tail!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyexponent
Here is the unveiling of the buick.

That's the best man at my wedding driving the red western star. Hear that train horn? lol

We were both going 100 km/h when I floored it. I went by him at about 160 km/h and then I let off and got back to the limit.

I don't condone driving like a douche, but I wanted to try my new ride out. It seems to haul tail!

That sounds awesome! You need to get some cheap mail-order performance mufflers on there and really annoy the lady down the street.

Ultimately, I'd love to stick that setup in a hot rod with a north-south configuration.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyexponent
I didn't cut them myself, I had a little shop in Dartmouth do them for me. I had them notched for valve clearance, but when I done up my "math" I don't even think I needed them cut. I think the timing and valve list was still less than the piston could reach at TDC. If the cam chain broke, then maybe it would kiss a valve, but I don;t think under normal timing and operation it would hit.
I'm building a late '80's XR200 for Son of Weldangrind's buddy (that Kato generously donated), and it busted a valve and kissed a piston; there's a small gouge in the combustion chamber. No matter, because we've got a few extra heads and valves laying around. I'm just waiting for the gasket kit to arrive.