Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
Cool, nice to work on it in air conditioning i imagine. My wife would freak if I brought a bike inside even if brand new.
Correct, its in the 90s outside so I decided to do everything in here and I'm happy I did haha

Old 07-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
Man that bike looks good, I'm sure she runs great right out of the create.
Seems like it will run well! I won't know until next week but I'm pretty confident and thanks! Just did my valve...had NO play at all.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #18

Very nice, am looking at the Storm as well. Assembly in the house? Got to tell a little story.....years and years ago, while sledding in West Yellowstone, we had an old skidoo crank shaft break on us. We found one close and had it put on the bus to West. We took the engine out of the sled, as it was bitter cold that day, and brought it into the motel room, laid down cardboard and rags to keep the mess at bay. Completely disassembled it. Had to heat the crank case in a garbage bag in the bath tub hot water to assemble it. I was in charge of honing the cylinders. In my younger years, and not paying attention, when I pulled the hone out of the cylinder, it splashed a grease ring onto the curtains. BUT wasn't too noticeable, and shamefully I didn't say a word. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! We assembled the rest of the engine and mounted it into the sled. Motel owners did not allow any type of repairs in their rooms, and one would be banned from all motels if caught. Clutch repairs were always done inside as well. Must remember that years ago, West was a very primitive location with very few amenities, and few places to work on a sled. The dealers were always booked up, and we wanted to ride. A couple of winters ago, I told this story to Jerry Schmer, who is one of the oldest, existing skidoo dealers in the USA, in west Yellowstone, he laugh so hard there were tears in his eyes....it was probably his motel that occurred in, I cant remember. Gotta laugh at the good old days!!!