Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 AM   #16

don't forget to run a tap down the hole to clean out thread debris from the stripped bolt.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I bet if you I D the part numbers and Emil csc they would ship it to you asap. Cheap part.
Gerry shipped me a replacement slider/fastener for my rear caliper that loosened and fell off, no questions asked, and I had it in 3 days. I'm sure they will help you out.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #18

Head Scratching

any idea of what caused the issue? since one was tight and the other buggered up, suspect someone screwed up when they changed the front sprocket?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #19

cheap low grade bolt. pretty uncommon for the bolt to strip its own threads instead of what it is going into. granted it was better this way but the bolt should almost always be superior material to what it is going into.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
cheap low grade bolt. pretty uncommon for the bolt to strip its own threads instead of what it is going into. granted it was better this way but the bolt should almost always be superior material to what it is going into.
It was probably run in cross threaded on assembly. So far, all the bolts on the TT have been of a much better quality of ones I've dealt with in the past on older CBs. Odds are this was a fluke.
Go to the hardware store, get a bolt and like kohburn says, run a tap into the hole and clean it out first or you'll have a repeat performance.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
any idea of what caused the issue? since one was tight and the other buggered up, suspect someone screwed up when they changed the front sprocket?
Well, I know that it was buggered up upon assembly or it was a malfunction of some sort. All my worries are gone. Spoke with Gerry and they have assured me all parts are covered under warranty and all will be replaced. This is why I bought from CSC. This company stands behind their products and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #22

I'm just hoping it didn't strip out the hole that it went into. Which case, more parts needed and more work to be done. However I bought my bike for my family reunion in the mountains this Thursday through Sunday and I'm going to be very disappointed if it's not up and running by then. :/

Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWDualRider View Post
I'm just hoping it didn't strip out the hole that it went into. Which case, more parts needed and more work to be done. However I bought my bike for my family reunion in the mountains this Thursday through Sunday and I'm going to be very disappointed if it's not up and running by then. :/
From the looks of the bolt, I would request a yhe bolts and a replacement sprocket as well from CSC. Sure you could run a tap through it as suggested if you have one, but the "warranty" should replace parts required, not require you to repair parts damaged during assembly.

edit...the sprocket is likely much harder steel than the bolt and may not be damaged, you could try and source a bolt locally for less than a dollar and try and bolt it up? Does the other sprocket bolt thread into the hole?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #24

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilserchinarider View Post
From the looks of the bolt, I would request a yhe bolts and a replacement sprocket as well from CSC. Sure you could run a tap through it as suggested if you have one, but the "warranty" should replace parts required, not require you to repair parts damaged during assembly.

edit...the sprocket is likely much harder steel than the bolt and may not be damaged, you could try and source a bolt locally for less than a dollar and try and bolt it up? Does the other sprocket bolt thread into the hole?
The holes on the sprocket are what had been stripped out. Messages Ryan, he upgraded me to Gerry and Gerry saw the pictures and the video link and said it was an easy fix and sent the parts out this morning. That is a great release of stress off my shoulders. I'll post back once the parts arrive. In the meantime, I'm installing LED's in the cluster for brighter display and might install the new exhaust while I wait.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:55 PM   #25

***Update***

I cleaned out the holes in the sprocket and at first glance I thought they were stripped but the grooves were filled with metal shavings. One of them was perfectly fine and the other is 1/4 way stripped. I am waiting for the new sprocket and I'll install. Also purchased some American made bolts. 😀

Old 07-30-2016, 02:37 AM   #26

I had a similar symptom with the weird pattern noise. Mine was from the right side though. Took off the right side cover and there was a shaft with a cup bolted to the end of it. The bolt was loose which allowed that cup to rub the inside of the case. Tightened it up and the noise went away. The problem was intermittent at first and progressively got worse. They aren't kidding when they say Check the torque on ALL the bolts when assembling a china bike.