Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
ive had a few people tell me that and um i just cant do it. i belong to the ford church of latter day stangs and its just against the rules.. i couldnt do that to a stang, ive put getting a bike on hold untill i get a truck.. figure 1500 - 2000 should get me a okish late model ford ranger.. just something that if it gets trashed then it gets trashed. the only time it would be driven is to haul the quad around or for when i get a new flat screen or gotta move...

also been looking into a toyota tundra, wish i could afford the newish models but again a late model like 99-00 2door with the extended cab, throw a 3in lift on it and call it a day..
I installed a 'Hidden Hitch' on my Probe GT Turbo years ago when I road raced Yamaha RZ-350's to pull a little trailer with the race bike and some stuff. It was not a problem. I'd recommend it and a $250 HF trailer.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #17

Quote:
nope, got 2 ideas

1) look on youtube search for how to load a atv, you are looking for a video that says something like how to load a atv in a truck alone or something like that.. its a white lifted f150 truck in the video.. turn the fuel off, lift the front end till the quad is standing up by its self on the rear grab bar.. then scoot it to where you can push it over and the front wheels land on the tail gate.. then lift the rear end up and push it in..

2) buy some ramps, but i dont like riding the atv up into a bed using ramps.. so rig up a winch at the front of the truck bed, and winch it up the ramps..
Sure you can do it that way... if you lift the nose of your quad onto your tailgate and then lift the back up, you'll still be cursing your 3 inch lift while you're on the couch nursing your hernia.

Don't forget you'll still need to climb into the bed of that truck with your 3" lift to tie it down.

I don't even have 21" tires on my 4x4 dodge truck and after a day of riding loading my light quad and bikes into the trucks seems like a good deal of effort for me, pushing 40.

..all good when you're a young guy made of rubber though I guess.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
nope, got 2 ideas

1) look on youtube search for how to load a atv, you are looking for a video that says something like how to load a atv in a truck alone or something like that.. its a white lifted f150 truck in the video.. turn the fuel off, lift the front end till the quad is standing up by its self on the rear grab bar.. then scoot it to where you can push it over and the front wheels land on the tail gate.. then lift the rear end up and push it in..

2) buy some ramps, but i dont like riding the atv up into a bed using ramps.. so rig up a winch at the front of the truck bed, and winch it up the ramps..
Sure you can do it that way... if you lift the nose of your quad onto your tailgate and then lift the back up, you'll still be cursing your 3 inch lift while you're on the couch nursing your hernia.

Don't forget you'll still need to climb into the bed of that truck with your 3" lift to tie it down.

I don't even have 21" tires on my 4x4 dodge truck and after a day of riding loading my light quad and bikes into the trucks seems like a good deal of effort for me, pushing 40.

..all good when you're a young guy made of rubber though I guess.
lol read option 2 then, mount a winch just under the rear window so the atv can be winched up, or i would need to make a custom set up ramps. the ramps would need to be about 4ft longer then normal ramps so that way the incline is a much less angle..

Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #19

it's not that bad really.
i load our ex300 into the back of our 350 4x4 with ramps from harbor freight ($68 for quad ramp). just idle the quad, slip clutch and walk along side of the bike up the ramp. easy cheesy

Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamp
it's not that bad really.
i load our ex300 into the back of our 350 4x4 with ramps from harbor freight ($68 for quad ramp). just idle the quad, slip clutch and walk along side of the bike up the ramp. easy cheesy
Does it have a 3" lift on it with 20" wheels?

I'm not arguing. My 4x4 truck with 6 ft ramps is fairly steep, but I can shove my beast on by myself without having it run but if it was any steeper and higher I'd have to make adjustments to my methods.

I definetely need to add some non slip material to the metal on the ramps though.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:11 AM   #21

use a ratchet strap around the hitch and hooked to the ramps then crank it nice and tight.. will keep the ramps from kicking out on you

Old 09-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #22

Quote:
use a ratchet strap around the hitch and hooked to the ramps then crank it nice and tight.. will keep the ramps from kicking out on you
Yeah I'll do that for my bike more.. it's usually the quad losing traction on the slippery metal, or losing my footing walking up the ramp pushing something. It's bare stainless steel nothing else so any moisture and I need ice skates.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #23

grip tape for skate boards. its not to much money wise and you would only need enough to do say 4 skate boards.. cut those in half and place every 12inches

found some for you, its glow in the dark grip tape so if you ever need to load up after dark its easy to see where your ramps are

1"x30' roll for 28 bucks
http://www.noskid.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=198

non glow in the dark black grit tape
http://www.noskid.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=40_81

Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #24

As far as trucks are concerned, you can also pick up an old Dakota fairly cheap. If you get a two wheel drive one they aren't that awfully tall to load into, plus you can get them with a 7 foot bed I think. I stuck a trailer hitch on my car but still haven't picked up a trailer yet.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #25

staying with a ford, going to end up looking into a f150 crew cab or f150 fx4 model when my stang is finally paid off. i think the biggest bed for a truck i like is a 6.5ft bed which is a little over 7ft with the tail gate down..

Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #26

Quote:
staying with a ford, going to end up looking into a f150 crew cab or f150 fx4 model when my stang is finally paid off. i think the biggest bed for a truck i like is a 6.5ft bed which is a little over 7ft with the tail gate down..
You'll be dissapointed with Ford box sizes, especially if it's a crew or extended cab. The F250 and F350's come with longer boxes, but they are bloomin huge overall because of it.

I went through this last year, looking for trucks. Couldn't believe the dinky boxes in the ford half tons...and it's hard to find a long box crew in a half ton. I managed to do it with the Dodge, it's 8 ft bed (tailgate up) and four doors is just what I needed. I just this weekend had my Beast and two mini quads loaded in the back and a bunch of other things with the tailgate up.

When W&G and I go riding we can fit both Beast's in the back of my truck with room for gear too. Love my truck!

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #27

true turbo but ford puts dodge to shame.. havent we already had this conversation with the last charger i smoked... :twisted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/1925650646.html

now take that truck, do a 2in all around lift, dumped exhaust, tinted tail lights, black brush gaurd, 17in black off road rims with a big ol tires, black step runners under the doors, throw in some kc lights on the front brush gaurd, black tail light guards and you have my dream truck..

Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #28

Quote:
true turbo but ford puts dodge to shame.. havent we already had this conversation with the last charger i smoked... :twisted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/1925650646.html

now take that truck, do a 2in all around lift, dumped exhaust, tinted tail lights, black brush gaurd, 17in black off road rims with a big ol tires, black step runners under the doors, throw in some kc lights on the front brush gaurd, black tail light guards and you have my dream truck..
Posting was gone when I clicked, so I have no idea what it was.

I looked at trucks with an open mind, almost bought a 1 ton Ford crew diesel with 8 ft box. It was a nice truck, just couldn't make a deal with the seller.

I'm really done arguing with anyone over ford, dodge, chev, blah blah blah. I've had this conversation over a hundred times with my ford nut buddies since I was 16. They all have strong points and bad points. It's what works for you. I'm just giving you my thoughts on what I saw while truck shopping...and I'm meticulous and anal about any purchase decision over $100.

I'm happy with my Dodge. It looks good, sounds good, has lots of room for my 6'6 long legs. I change the oil, put gas in it, load the toys and kids and dogs and it gets me there and back.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 AM   #29

just a little friendly messing around man, thats all.. when it comes to talking about cars or trucks and which brands for me its all in good fun. unless the conversation is about certain things like motors, suspension parts dont take it to seriously..

this is not the exact truck but it is the same year, color, and has the lift i want. the only thing missing is the black brush guard, and the rims need to be smaller with chrome rivits and larger off road tires

http://[img]http://i779.photobuc....jpg[/img]

Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 AM   #30

might go with a longer bed if i were to put a tool box in the bed.. but if i did put a tool box in, it would also be the same as in the picture.. black diamond plate