Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

i will say my engine in my shineray dislikes idling until its good and warmed up... it takes probably 5-10 min of riding before my engine will want to idle decently, especially when its cold...

Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #2

Update on My Hisun GY200-5......

After 3-4 carbs and multiple jettings (even put new Mikuni on it) bike still started hard and coughed and spit. Replaced Stator and pulled flywheel to verify woodruff key didn't "shear" but no improvement. Two new CDI's and a new coil and still ran like garbage. Valve lash is perfect and even checked them cold and hot just to be safe. New fuel and multiple spark plugs. Did a point to point on wiring and all grounds are perfect on Ohm's. Compression is right on the money. The bottom line is that this bike has an OMEN in it and I am giving up on it. Enough is enough! I finally posted on Craigslist and indicated it's a tremendous buy (only 261 miles) if You have a little knowledge with engines. My friend is a motorcycle mechanic and He looked at it and concluded that the problem is internal. The valve timing is right on the money. The final decision was to either replace the darn engine or get rid of bike. I chose the latter. So thanks for all the help and feedback but as I said: "Enough is Enough!" jerryfaxman

Old 03-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #3

I doubt that the stock jetting will bring joy; it's more likely to want a 110 main and a 25 slow jet. I hope the slider isn't too difficult to remove once the carb is in place, because you might need to move the clip.

When you say "The needle is also in the "highest" position," do you mean that the clip is in the highest groove, or the needle will achieve maximum lift because the clip is in the bottom groove?

Bring on the questions. That's why we're here.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

still the same old crap.....

Put the new Mikuni on this Sunday (60 degrees out) and still starts hard and coughs and spits when you finally get it to idle. I have another Lifan GY200 that runs cherry. It starts first kick and idles like a "swiss watch". So out of frustration I "borrowed" the carb off the Lifan and put it on the Hisun GY200. No improvement! The fuel is fresh and every connection has been checked. Replaced coil but no improvement. I'm beginning to lean towards ignition issues at this point because 4 carburetors can't all be incorrect. So here is the weird thing! On the left side of engine (shift side of bike) there is an oblong chrome cover with 4 screws that attach it to the case cover. Out of curiosity I removed that oblong chrome plate and low and behold.....oil poured out of it! Lots of oil! On the top of the side case I'm talking about, is a chrome flat blade screw that I believe is for checking timing. I do not believe oil should be inside that side case cover cause My guess is thats the stator and flywheel. I think the idiot I bought it from thought that is where you added oil. Am i correct in assuming that no oil is supposed to be in there? The previous owner had "zero" knowledge of anything mechanical and even admitted it. I removed the side plate on the Lifan and "No Oil" came out of its case cover. If thats the case and no oil should be there then I'll pop off the case cover...new gasket...and some brake cleaner and clean up stator and flywheel. I do have a "flywheel" tool. PLEASE tell Me that no oil should be in that side case! Thanks Again...

Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #5

Here's a link the stator is suppose to be in oil to help it keep cool this is a lifan 200cc. http://www.justanswer.com/motorcycle...otorcycle.html

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #6

Have you checked cdi pulse pick up or valve lash.it almost sounds like valve lash or timing

Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #7

im sorry but i have NEVER seen stators in oil.... i know mine isnt... i would start there.... my bike is an 07 shineray.... start there... clean that gunk out and start fresh... hopefully the stator isnt damaged from it...

Old 04-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #8

The stator definitely runs in oil on vertical Honda clone engines. Every two stroke I've ever had has a dry stator.

Have you changed the oil in this bike? I would certainly do that before anything else.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #9

interesting... my honda xl75 is a dry stator, as were my 2 stroke bikes... and my honda clone 110 horizontal...learn something new every day...

Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #10

That's very useful info! Thanks!

I use the larger HF ultrasonic cleaner and it was closer to $80.00, but still totally worth it. It hadn't occurred to me to use Son of Weldangrind's guitar strings, although I could see a use for the G,B,E strings in a very small engine, like a 50cc scooter.

So far, I've only added a little vinegar to the water, and it has worked very well.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #11

Thanks for the tip, Jerry. With a name like 'Jungle Jake,' how can you go wrong?

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...l#.Uz2o4PldUrU

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's very useful info! Thanks!

I use the larger HF ultrasonic cleaner and it was closer to $80.00, but still totally worth it. It hadn't occurred to me to use Son of Weldangrind's guitar strings, although I could see a use for the G,B,E strings in a very small engine, like a 50cc scooter.

So far, I've only added a little vinegar to the water, and it has worked very well.
I also bought the larger, Harbor Freight Ultrasonic cleaner. How much vinegar do you add, Weld? I wonder about the relative benefits of vinegar versus 'Jungle Jake," versus 'Simple Green.'

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Tags
help!