Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 09:06 AM   #16

I keep changing my mind on where I wanna go with this thing. HAHA, It's gonna be mostly a back road and trail bike with occasional commutes to work on nice days.

BUT - I have settled on the pumper carb so I'll get one of those on the way. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the TT250 head gasket as well...it's easy and cheap enough.

The exhaust is the one I'm hung up on, I like the idea of keeping the bike on the quieter side so as to not attract unwanted attention. Can I swap in a different head pipe, or head and mid pipe and keep the stock muffler? Or is that going to require fabrication and I'm just as well to gut the stock header?

Think I want bars and bar risers too - I did that on my DRZ400 and it made a world of difference, especially when standing. I'm gonna start a build thread here as soon as I make up my mind, still waiting for tracking/shipping confirmation. It's only been 3 days though so hopefully I'll hear today.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #17

If you can find a crf230f exhaust it might be what want.
Or cut a section out of your exhaust at the converter and remove it and weld it back up. Or buy the exhaust from DOHC that he has for sale and experiment on it in case it doesn't turn out well.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 03-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #18

My HAWK is set up for off road. I bought the upgraded stainless exhaust but took the CAT outa the stock only and I like the quiet in a trails bike so the new exhaust sits in a box. You can always upgrade later or put on the new exhaust but keep your old exhaust to go back too.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post

Understand that I state the PZ30B as a true upgrade simply due to it having the accelerator pump. The VM26 doesn't offer any benefit other than being really easy to dial the tune in with. The PZ30B, having the accelerator pump, offers an improvement to the way the bike rides, but does have an extra step in setup. Getting it dialed in and running with the jets is no different than the VM26, but there is just less info out there to more or less plug and play immediately.

Now, main jet sizes will translate across, so the only thing that will require a little extra effort is the pilot jet, but even there the size range is generally going to be around a 38 to a 40 (give or take obviously).
Bore diameter is larger though, yeah? So there is the additional air volume flow capability, if one's engine can pump that much air to make use of it (PZ30B vs VM26).

Old 03-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
Bore diameter is larger though, yeah? So there is the additional air volume flow capability, if one's engine can pump that much air to make use of it (PZ30B vs VM26).
No, the PZ30/30B and VM26 both have the same bore diameters and venturi size in the body. There is zero difference in airflow.

The advantage/upgrade comes from the PZ30B having an accelerator pump.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124