Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #16

Welcome! Lefty is another amputee that checks in on the forum from time to time.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Welcome from Apple Valley! I have an SSR if you have any questions about it or would like to check it out.
Thanks man. I live in Lancaster. So we’re pretty close to each other. I think I’m pretty much sold on the CSC TT250. Just working on getting the funding together... and a liquidation sale. Fingers crossed. When I do get the bike, hopefully we can get together for a ride. Lots of desert between you and me. Take care

Old 09-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! Lefty is another amputee that checks in on the forum from time to time.
Lefty, I love it. Thanks

Old 09-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I've met a couple over the years. 2 years after my accident my best friend decided he was gonna get me back on one, not sure if that was a good thing lol. I'm sure you have in mind how you wanna set your bike up already, just keep in mind these bikes sit pretty tall as far as climbing on and off so I dropped the rear of mine 3". And being that they're dirt oriented I went with a very simple slap shifter instead of a suicide shifter. Wider pegs helped me too. Hope you get your TT soon, they're pretty nice bikes with excellent customer support.
Thanks man. I will definitely look into the pegs. As far as the gearshift goes, I can usually shift up using the side of my boot. I am considering a heel and toe shifter. That is if I can find one that will fit the TT. Honestly, taking my foot off the peg is not ideal for off road riding. Thanks for the tips.