Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #16

I used the Krylon Fusion on my handguards and also the side panels. The side panels are holding up great (about 7 coats of paint). My handguards arent doing as good. I didnt put as much on them. The Krylon paint takes right to the plastic. It says you dont have to do any prepping, but I would just to be safe. And in the future if it ever scratches, it'll take 2 seconds to repaint it. It's quick and easy.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #17

I had the kids on it this weekend and they're not too particular where they plant there feet, they hit the side panels numerous times with there sneakers and not a scuff or a scratch, that paint kicks ass.. I put about 7 or 8 coats on them and the headlight panel, painted my handguards too but I have yet to put them on, not sure if I'm going to?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
do you know the name of the company that makes that tank bag btw? im going to check them out.. although i really want one with a map holder too.. i guess i cant be too picky...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #19

I got a tank bag just like that for Christmas from my Mom. I think she got it at JC Whitney. BTW, do you think it's gonna scuff the paint on the tank. Mine has no protective fleece where it will ride on the tank. Does yours just slip over the filler neck and velcro on the bottom on each side?

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
its an enduro, scratches build character.. just like my jeep, everytime i take it off road and damage it, i'm thinking "battle scars.... YES" haha.

you could always take an old fleece blanket or soft cotton towel, and use some ingenuity to make it soft, or if you have a mom/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend ;-) or whomever to sew it up for you.

or you could even try using velcro or spray adhesive... (3m only tho)

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #21

Good idea. Bet I could get my FEMALE FIANCE to do that for me. Geez, just because I am from Vermont.................... 8O :wink:

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #22

Tank bag is made by Fieldline, I'm sure they still sell them on E-bay.. At the bottom of the bag it has straps to hold it down on both sides they are like helmet strap loops, also comes with velcro to attach to the sides of the tank if you wanted to go that route.. I didn't use anything underneath the bag to protect it from scratching, I'll probably never take it off except to wash the bike so I wont see the scratches anyway..On the front of the tank behind the forks on my 06 GY-5 there are these fins to vent air to the motor, the bottom bracket is a perfect fit to attach the loop straps almost like it was made for this bike...Went to the grocery store yesterday and filled the bags to maximum capacity and they do get in the way of your legs a little bit but nothing I can't live with...and Yes that is a dozen "Blue Yummies" bungee'd to the rear rack, perfect fit almost like they were made for this bike, haha...