Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #16

Just FYI for anyone finding this thread so many years later, the XF250's motor is a clone of the Suzuki TU250 motor. It's light-years more modern than the TT250/Apollo/Hawk mill, and the TU250 was loved by many for its torquey fun (for a 250 street bike) motor.

I've seen the CSC TT250 up close and the SSR XF250 as well, and if I had the money I'd go for the XF250. That said, the XF250 has 18" rims front and rear, where the TT250 has a 21" up front. Suspension on the SSR is better tho. SSR has a lower seat height, CSC has more ground clearance. I know the specs say otherwise, but after having thrown a leg over both, the CSC is noticeably taller. Stock XF tires are better suited to off-road than the stock TT250 tires. XF looks chunky, almost like a TW200, and that is my aesthetic. XF250 also comes stock with a luggage rack, and a street-oriented supermoto variant with 17" rims and sporty rubber.

Both are carbed bikes. Both are putter-through-the-woods-at-a-slow-pace bikes. The better engine and better suspension of the XF, along with the lower seat height and chunky looks... well, that ticks all the boxes for me. But you may have other needs.

Charlie.