Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2022, 08:59 PM   #2701

Well crap! I bought me a positive Covid test today! Guess it wasn't a "cold" after all.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-06-2022, 06:21 AM   #2702

I got one earlier this week, now most of the family is sick :(

Old 01-06-2022, 06:35 AM   #2703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Just got a 3 day track camp for my little one with the south Florida mini GP. And a track weekend at bowling green for me. Lol
That sounds tight. I really want to do a track camp, just don't know where to go yet

Old 01-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #2704

Free can mean debtors prison… The drill press saga full story…

This is a 1967 Craftsman/Sears and I think a 5/8” chuck, since no drill chuck key I have fits it, and, it was made by Emerson Electric. Someone gave it to a friend of mine years ago. He had it in the back of his barn, underneath a huge stack of hay bales along with a 15 horse Johnson outboard. Well, 2 weeks ago he moved all his hay (has horses) and then asked if I wanted the two items. Of course I said yes! Very messy with hay and spiders, and a little rust. I cleaned up the drill press and got it functional and on the bench. It’s so heavy I had to disassemble it (helped in the cleaning up) to get it to the shop bench top.

The Johnson outboard is a long shaft and has compression but is in a similar state to the drill press. Needs cleaned up and I’m going to assume a carb rebuild and probably a water pump impeller. But, this has got me thinking… I need a boat now hahahah… have a line on a ‘free’ boat (remember folks, no such thing as a free boat). But I’m probably going to drag it home and try and get it working, then use the 15hp as a kicker motor. Oh my. The tangled webs we weave… wife might kill me, so stand by on the boat front…

Here’s the boat too… interior is trashed. Has 4 cyl chevy engine and OMC outdrive. It’s a mid 1990’s Seaswirl, made in Oregon. The company moved to the midwest at some point and then Trophy boats later either bought Seaswirl or they merged. Both are out of business now I think…

It’s ‘Free’! Which just means immediate Bankruptcy On A Trailer isn’t eminent, just looming in the background. Trailer is not rusty. I could at least chainsaw up the boat, take it to the dump for a loss, and have an expensive useless trailer in my back yard. I don’t think the boat saw a lot of salt water tho as it’s not super corroded, just sits outside in the rain and receives regular mold and corrosion. All controls are there. No prop.

I sometimes think about how a boat is the worst of all worlds, as you are literally trying to keep the water out of the top AND the bottom at all times. It’s a losing proposition, generally. But, if this works out, I’ll keep it parked in Bandon on the coast at my moms, and go rock fish fishing on nice days. Maybe some trolling for salmon and maybe a little halibut fishing too? Who knows. First things first. Maybe I’ll just Drag it home and set it in the back yard, get depressed and overwhelmed and then get out the chainsaw. Heheheh

Also, prayers and thoughts for you all that are sick. So far, wife and I have avoided it but several family members have gone through the whole gamut (sisters, nephews, etc) yet survived except for an older uncle (89) who passed…
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN

Old 01-06-2022, 10:24 AM   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T_Goblin View Post
That sounds tight. I really want to do a track camp, just don't know where to go yet
Well, this one is in Florida. It's with the South Florida Mini GP. It's for adults too, but I didn't have enough to get us both a class and rent two bikes. They're pretty restricted on what's allowed. They allow groms and z125s, but not clones. The only Chinese bikes they allow are Kayos. There's the Ed Bargy Racing school. You have to have your own bike, but it's all full sized bikes. Ninja 250 at a minimum. I think Evolve GT has some racing schools also.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:26 AM   #2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
Free can mean debtors prison… The drill press saga full story…

This is a 1967 Craftsman/Sears and I think a 5/8” chuck, since no drill chuck key I have fits it, and, it was made by Emerson Electric. Someone gave it to a friend of mine years ago. He had it in the back of his barn, underneath a huge stack of hay bales along with a 15 horse Johnson outboard. Well, 2 weeks ago he moved all his hay (has horses) and then asked if I wanted the two items. Of course I said yes! Very messy with hay and spiders, and a little rust. I cleaned up the drill press and got it functional and on the bench. It’s so heavy I had to disassemble it (helped in the cleaning up) to get it to the shop bench top.

The Johnson outboard is a long shaft and has compression but is in a similar state to the drill press. Needs cleaned up and I’m going to assume a carb rebuild and probably a water pump impeller. But, this has got me thinking… I need a boat now hahahah… have a line on a ‘free’ boat (remember folks, no such thing as a free boat). But I’m probably going to drag it home and try and get it working, then use the 15hp as a kicker motor. Oh my. The tangled webs we weave… wife might kill me, so stand by on the boat front…

Here’s the boat too… interior is trashed. Has 4 cyl chevy engine and OMC outdrive. It’s a mid 1990’s Seaswirl, made in Oregon. The company moved to the midwest at some point and then Trophy boats later either bought Seaswirl or they merged. Both are out of business now I think…

It’s ‘Free’! Which just means immediate Bankruptcy On A Trailer isn’t eminent, just looming in the background. Trailer is not rusty. I could at least chainsaw up the boat, take it to the dump for a loss, and have an expensive useless trailer in my back yard. I don’t think the boat saw a lot of salt water tho as it’s not super corroded, just sits outside in the rain and receives regular mold and corrosion. All controls are there. No prop.

I sometimes think about how a boat is the worst of all worlds, as you are literally trying to keep the water out of the top AND the bottom at all times. It’s a losing proposition, generally. But, if this works out, I’ll keep it parked in Bandon on the coast at my moms, and go rock fish fishing on nice days. Maybe some trolling for salmon and maybe a little halibut fishing too? Who knows. First things first. Maybe I’ll just Drag it home and set it in the back yard, get depressed and overwhelmed and then get out the chainsaw. Heheheh

Also, prayers and thoughts for you all that are sick. So far, wife and I have avoided it but several family members have gone through the whole gamut (sisters, nephews, etc) yet survived except for an older uncle (89) who passed…
is it a cobra? If its mid 90's it could be a joint venture drive which are actually an ok drive, if it's a full omc cobra and the gear set isn't nuked it's worth a bit of money.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:33 AM   #2707

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
is it a cobra? If its mid 90's it could be a joint venture drive which are actually an ok drive, if it's a full omc cobra and the gear set isn't nuked it's worth a bit of money.
I had that same engine setup in my 17' ski boat. Damn near bulletproof. The 3.0 GM was a true marine engine. Way more efficient than any outboard in them days and had a hell of a lot low-end torque for water skiing. Mine was a 1989 model.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-07-2022, 04:04 PM   #2708

I didn't buy anything but Mrs. C dropped a grand on a new sewing machine. And I had to talk her into it. Old machine was about 12 years old and about shot. Mechanical bits I could have handled because I learned a lot about timing sewing machines when I did a repair on it about 5 years ago.

Software issues, though...ick.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-07-2022, 09:39 PM   #2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I didn't buy anything but Mrs. C dropped a grand on a new sewing machine. And I had to talk her into it. Old machine was about 12 years old and about shot. Mechanical bits I could have handled because I learned a lot about timing sewing machines when I did a repair on it about 5 years ago.

Software issues, though...ick.
Yep! My 86 year old mom is a quilter and just treated herself to a nice unit last year. Now my brother has to take care of all the software mishaps. She does love it though, compared to her old machine. I just never thought I'd see the day where a sewing machine has the equivalent of a OBDII connection!
Myself? I had to buy a new set of goggles and riding gloves. I'm starting to use my full face helmet again and my goggles were before I had my eye surgery! I went to put them on and they damn near shoved my glasses into my sinus cavity when I let them go.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-07-2022, 10:34 PM   #2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I went to put them on and they damn near shoved my glasses into my sinus cavity when I let them go.
I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-08-2022, 08:43 AM   #2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
I’ll investigate a little. The PO said it’s a mid 1990’s boat. I haven’t tracked that down yet. Outdrive is white, tho so I was guessing on the OMC. I guess it could be a Volvo. But it’s not a Merc… no prop on it either. But again, outside appearances seem to indicate no salt water saturation, which might save it.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 01-09-2022, 01:14 AM   #2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landsvw View Post
I’ll investigate a little. The PO said it’s a mid 1990’s boat. I haven’t tracked that down yet. Outdrive is white, tho so I was guessing on the OMC. I guess it could be a Volvo. But it’s not a Merc… no prop on it either. But again, outside appearances seem to indicate no salt water saturation, which might save it.
Ixnay on the efray oatbay… (nix on the free boat)
Turns out, it’s a 1979 model… ugh. I researched it. Nothing good about it really. Told the guy sorry, no ‘sale’… have another one I’ll pursue a little tho, a Reinell. We shall see. I live close enough to the pacific that these things are all over the place.
1975 Corvette
2017 Chevy Bolt

Old 01-09-2022, 10:12 AM   #2713

Didn't really buy as I didn't pay for it...

Was looking for used TV sets from local private sales ads when a neighbour texted me asking to borrow a thin walled 30mm socket to get hub nuts off his Golf's rear axel. He's got all manner of junk in his garage so figured won't hurt to ask if he'd got a telly to sell. Walked out with a free one instead
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 01-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #2714

Tubing notcher.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #2715

Mrs. C's sewing machine arrived today. After having unpacked it, she is now sitting on the couch with the manual. That damn manual is almost as thick as our 2022 Medicare books.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800