Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
SHTF, v 2.0, starts on June 20. V 2.1 starts July 31.
Been a change. V 2.1 happens on July 1, not July 31. Also got word that several heads from the production side and upper management are on the chopping block.

Really time to make some popcorn.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #257

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #258

Just got off the phone with one of the guys who feels my job is ‘Unnecessary’. Ironic that he was asking for my help, which I gave because he’s one of the ‘chosen’ for next month.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #259

Quote:
Just got off the phone with one of the guys who feels my job is ‘Unnecessary’. Ironic that he was asking for my help, which I gave because he’s one of the ‘chosen’ for next month.

I would have to stir the pot so to speak with the line, "but you said I was unnecessary."

Old 06-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #260

It just means more time for the Grandkids, and bikes. The little truck with the white hat is calling. I already have after retirement farm hand work so not too worried about.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #261

So po’d right now that I’ve offered my head to the chopping block on July 1st.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #262

Well, no heads rolled but several are on thin ice. I didn’t get that lucky. My presence is required at the mothership for possibly the next two weeks. I was told that things are very tense down there and to just do what I’m down there for, avoid conflict (gonna be tough), do not offer my assistance unless ASKED by a manager, and if I have nothing to do, find an unoccupied office and lay low. Above all, do not piss off HR. However, HR was told to avoid getting sideways with me, too.

Going to be interesting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #263

Quote:
Well, no heads rolled but several are on thin ice. I didn’t get that lucky. My presence is required at the mothership for possibly the next two weeks. I was told that things are very tense down there and to just do what I’m down there for, avoid conflict (gonna be tough), do not offer my assistance unless ASKED by a manager, and if I have nothing to do, find an unoccupied office and lay low. Above all, do not piss off HR. However, HR was told to avoid getting sideways with me, too.

Going to be interesting.
Always makes for a comfy day at the office.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #264

You might want to wear a helmet .
Good luck Cheese !

Old 07-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #265

Glad you have a backup plan doing something you enjoy.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #266

So I've been a little out of the loop lately, and just spent the past half hour getting caught up. Cheesy, my (admittedly unsolicited) advice is to pull the handle and watch the canopy as you punch out. Unless you're enjoying watching everything go to hell in this handbasket, in that case, let me know when you need fresh popcorn. Like most everyone else that has commiserated with your adventures here, I'm about to jump ship myself. It's odd how people don't quit their jobs, they quit their manager/leadership. I'm trying to put together a purchase deal for a large multi-family investment property back in GA. If I pull it off, I'm not going to spend another minute with my current employer. I'm going to be OUT like a fat kid at dodgeball. Things are so untenable for me right now, I may be out regardless, and just try to find something else to make up the gap. But this really isn't about me, or anyone else for that matter. We're all pulling for you because you're a good guy who's sharing the ins and outs of getting the dirty end of the stick from a company that you love. After that many years in the hole with a company, it always sucks to have someone come in with no field experience, but a nice framed degree on the wall, who says "This book I read says we don't need these people, and the company will run better than ever and we'll save millions of dollars..." I think they call it 'Lean Manufacturing' now. I think the fad before this one was 6 Sigma. It always amazes me how people can think that just because a book says it will work "just so", people can't seem to figure out that the real world doesn't look like that, or operate like that. Then they have the nerve to be upset when it doesn't work out the way the book says it should. I'm trying like hell to get all the bills cleaned up and paid off, then I want to be retired by the time I'm 45. I have 7 years (well, six and a half now) until then, but I think I should be able to do. I decided that I wanted to be around for the little Bambino while he was growing up and be more involved in his school field trips and such. In any event, it's Friday, the sun is shining (I live in a desert, the sun is always shining), and you woke up on the right side of the dirt. Have an extra cup of coffee before you head out and just enjoy a few minutes smiling to yourself about all the things you love (even the things that don't have wheels).

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 07-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
So I've been a little out of the loop lately, and just spent the past half hour getting caught up. Cheesy, my (admittedly unsolicited) advice is to pull the handle and watch the canopy as you punch out. Unless you're enjoying watching everything go to hell in this handbasket, in that case, let me know when you need fresh popcorn. Like most everyone else that has commiserated with your adventures here, I'm about to jump ship myself. It's odd how people don't quit their jobs, they quit their manager/leadership. I'm trying to put together a purchase deal for a large multi-family investment property back in GA. If I pull it off, I'm not going to spend another minute with my current employer. I'm going to be OUT like a fat kid at dodgeball. Things are so untenable for me right now, I may be out regardless, and just try to find something else to make up the gap. But this really isn't about me, or anyone else for that matter. We're all pulling for you because you're a good guy who's sharing the ins and outs of getting the dirty end of the stick from a company that you love. After that many years in the hole with a company, it always sucks to have someone come in with no field experience, but a nice framed degree on the wall, who says "This book I read says we don't need these people, and the company will run better than ever and we'll save millions of dollars..." I think they call it 'Lean Manufacturing' now. I think the fad before this one was 6 Sigma. It always amazes me how people can think that just because a book says it will work "just so", people can't seem to figure out that the real world doesn't look like that, or operate like that. Then they have the nerve to be upset when it doesn't work out the way the book says it should. I'm trying like hell to get all the bills cleaned up and paid off, then I want to be retired by the time I'm 45. I have 7 years (well, six and a half now) until then, but I think I should be able to do. I decided that I wanted to be around for the little Bambino while he was growing up and be more involved in his school field trips and such. In any event, it's Friday, the sun is shining (I live in a desert, the sun is always shining), and you woke up on the right side of the dirt. Have an extra cup of coffee before you head out and just enjoy a few minutes smiling to yourself about all the things you love (even the things that don't have wheels).

I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out.

I tried to do 30 and out at my last place, which would have had me retiring at 48. Too bad they shut the doors seven years too early. Fourteen years past that target date and here I am. As pissed off as I am at management, I've decided to keep buying popcorn until I'm shown the door. I've been through all the MBA theories you mentioned, along with 'Do More With Less' and '24/7/365'. I used to mess with the so called Efficiency Experts when I was at the old place prior to the lights being turned off. They were to shadow me for an entire shift to see why I was making the bucks I was. I'd tell them the Armani suits and Florsheims weren't going to cut it. I'd get "Yeah, whatever. Let's get moving". Only one ever made an entire shift with me.

I'm figuring out what to do with myself when working from home and I have no phone calls or emails to deal with. I've felt guilty doing my own stuff, but no more. The garage beckons. So far this week, I've cleaned off two benches, changed the t-stat in the De Soto(still running hot), and started on an Oscilloscope kit project that I had planned to do last winter.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 07-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #268

Well, it was an interesting week at HQ. Failed in avoiding conflict but did manage to finish what I went down there for. Can’t wait to see the cellphone bill for the forty minute call to one of our facilities in the UK.
I got tired of the delays with email and with the subtle differences between US and UK English. Once I got through to the guy on the other end that I am a mechanic and not an IT guy, we were able to dumb it down enough so even I could understand what I was reading
As far as the conflict, I had a dust up with our new COO, who was the main architect of our benefit cuts. He tried to play nice with me and I basically told him that if he valued his well being, he should stay the hell away from me. He complained to Harold about me and Harold just shrugged his shoulders and asked him what he expected.

Hopefully, I’m done down there for awhile.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-17-2018, 09:38 AM   #269

Still buying popcorn.

Had a long talk with the Sales Manager yesterday. I started a few months before he did so we’ve both seen the same highs and lows with the company. I went Tech and he went Management. He ‘rah-rahed’ the changes at the beginning but not so much now. He’s based in Dallas and told me he was supposed to be three days in Beaufort every two weeks. The shit show has gotten so bad for him that he is only going to be there for one week per quarter now. They can fire him otherwise.

We’ve determined that most of what’s happening now is a concerted effort in corporate sabotage by three individuals collectively known as the ‘Three Stooges’, individually known by their code names as the ‘Gimp’, the ‘Bearded One’, and the ‘Fat One’. The Gimp has been after the field guys since day one. That’s me. The Bearded One is attached to the Gimp at the hip. He’s also after me yet has no problem asking for mine or my guys help when he has no idea what he’s doing and then stabbing us in the back. The Fat One is undermining CS by not following through on purchasing and keeping stock on hand.

What the Three Stooges don’t seem to realize is that the entire Elgin staff documents everything. We’ve had to in the past to keep track of what we were doing and where we were going. We’ve just carried on.

So, the Sales Manager is gathering up copies of what we have and giving them to the big bosses. We figure that will either get things fixed or get us all fired. At this point, we feel either way is a win.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 08-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #270

I keep reading this thread waiting to find out someone has gone postal and solved the problem. :-D