Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You are good to go as far as the countersprocket goes! See what you can find as far as the rear. I am fairly certain, and Barnone can verify since he owned 2 of them, that the very popular Dongfang bobber (sadly they no longer make them) must have used the dual sport hub because I recall members of the very popular thread on the Mychinamoto.com (Barnone started that thread, btw) had some very high gearing (low numerically). You should get on JT Sprockets site and measure your own bolt patterns and compare the measurements to what JT has on their site.
I will do some research on the rear sprocket. Below is the info from the plate on the down tube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191012_124130.jpg (81.9 KB, 574 views)

Old 10-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #257

Not that it matters now because some asshole, or team of assholes, stole my bike last night off of my front porch... I’m having a bad day. Thankfully the responding officers were very cool, both fellow riders and felt my pain.

I got the jet kit off of amazon.

Search:

Carbhub 10 pcs Carburetor Main Jet with 10 pcs Slow & Pilot Jet for PWK Keihin OKO CVK Fits Chinese Scooters ATVs Karts with 125cc 150cc GY6 Motor Engine Carb

I’m beside myself right now. Luckily I gave my self a $50 comp deductible so replacing the bike won’t cost me a lot of money, just time and stress.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaman View Post
Not that it matters now because some asshole, or team of assholes, stole my bike last night off of my front porch... I’m having a bad day.

I’m beside myself right now. Luckily I gave my self a $50 comp deductible so replacing the bike won’t cost me a lot of money, just time and stress.
OMG!! That is like the third bike stolen from a member the past few weeks!! I guess the saving grace in your case is that you actually have full-coverage insurance?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #259

Indianaman,
Damn that is bad. Sorry to hear that but fortunately you have full coverage.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #260

culcune, What other bikes were stolen?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #261

Great riding here in the mountains with the first cool weather of the fall.
Gotta watch out for the bear hunters and their dogs as the bear season opened today in TN.
Me at the overlook on the Dragon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191013_120424.jpg (97.8 KB, 912 views)

Old 10-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #262

Me slaying the Dragon again. LOL. Bike running just fine. Happy with her again after the broken spoke issue.

Got 64 MPH max on my cell phone speedometer app on a short flat run. Had a bit left. Not any flat long runs here in the mountains which is fine with me!
Might try a smaller rear sprocket when I get back to Florida in a month where there are plenty of flat long runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me on the Dragon.jpg (101.8 KB, 849 views)

Old 10-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
culcune, What other bikes were stolen?
I forgot the one guy's name, but he had his dual-sport stolen the last week and a half, and then OneLeggedRider's cousin, Mcfailbutter, had his dual-sport stolen. Now this poor member's Dongfang DF250RTG!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #264

culcune,
I have never had a motorcycle stolen in over 60 years of ownership. Knock on wood! Did have a bicycle stolen but got it back. Just have liability on my three bikes at Geico for $95 a year.

BTW How is your TGB Delivery Scooter doing? I missed a chance to buy one from a dealer in Fort Myers FL before they went out of business.

Last edited by Barnone; 10-15-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaman View Post
Not that it matters now because some asshole, or team of assholes, stole my bike last night off of my front porch... I’m having a bad day. Thankfully the responding officers were very cool, both fellow riders and felt my pain.

I’m beside myself right now. Luckily I gave my self a $50 comp deductible so replacing the bike won’t cost me a lot of money, just time and stress
Sorry to hear, and feel the pain of time and stress. There was another fellow here that someone stole his license plate, off his bike, out of his garage. There has been a few bikes stolen from members here. What is this the "fall stealing season"? Take care and keep us updated.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #266

Mine was stolen right out of my "secure" gaited community. We're all baffled over here, I live in a nice area. I had a brake lock as well as the fork lock. They must have just picked it up and walked off with it being that it only weighed like 270?

I have been mulling over weather I want to replace the df250rtg or possibly get something else. Im going to start a new thread for suggestions on possible replacement options.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
BTW How is your TGB Delivery Scooter doing? I missed a change to buy one from a dealer in Fort Myers FL before they went out of business.
It's been sitting for nearly two years, although I have started it up and ridden it a few times up to about 8 or 9 months ago for a few minutes. I need to get it roadworthy and back on the street.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #268

Just installed this seat similar to the one Indianaman put on his DF.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...72.m2749.l2649

Also installed this taillight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before photo this morning headed up to Deal's Gap. Trees down from a storm last night. I managed to slip under this one after breaking off some branches. The auto had to turn around.

When I got home after the ride I installed the new seat and the taillight which I raised so the tag doesn't stick down so low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191020_101154.jpg (95.5 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpg 20191020_154354.jpg (85.4 KB, 762 views)
File Type: jpg 20191020_154412.jpg (85.0 KB, 757 views)

Old 10-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #269

Took a ride to Deal's Gap today trying out the new seat for the first time. It seems to be an improvement as it allows me to move back further. I was the only motorcycle rider there when I arrived about noon, first time I have ever experienced that in my many years of riding there in season. Was raining in the morning and getting colder so that might have kept riders away.

The flower wreath is in remembrance of long time rider Jerry Riggins who was injured in a motorcycle accident when a UTV pulled out in front of him. After about a month of being in the intensive care in a hospital he died.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF.jpg (98.5 KB, 825 views)

Old 11-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #270

Turns out my speedometer not working issue is the drive on the front wheel. Took it apart and there was some foreign metal in it that ate up the gears. And of course Belmont the seller doesn't have the part in stock. Trying to find a drive that will work.