Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #256

The bike seems to be running good now. Here is what I noticed.

1. The issue with the high idle seemed to be due to the throttle cable, not the carb. While I was adjusting the throttle cable I did notice the throttle seemed to be "wound up"; it's hard to explain. But, when the bike was off, I pulled back on the throttle a few times as I checked for the slack. On one of those turns, I noticed/felt it "release". Then the problem became that the throttle was too loose because I had adjusted it that way before the "release". So, this morning it wouldn't start because the throttle was too loose.

2. I did change the spark plug today. It did not come with an NGK plug. It came with a cheap looking plug. I installed the new plug.

3. Then, I worked on tightening the throttle some more.

4. The engine came back to life, and this time, at a more reasonable idle.

I don't know if Enforcer17 had the same throttle issue, but to all who get an Enforcer, I would recommend cranking the throttle (with bike off) prior to starting it for the first time, and seeing/feeling if it "releases".

Old 03-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #257

That's good advice and I'll be sure to do that. Probably a good idea to take the slide out and examine it and make sure it's operating smoothly too...I've read several posts of Hawk owners complaining about routing the cables so that things worked properly, and weren't binding, etc. too, so you're not the first by far.

And while that probably wasn't the ideal break in, all seems well. Did you get to ride it at all yet? I know it's colder than a witches teat here!

Old 03-11-2017, 12:01 AM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
That works better for two strokes than four strokes. I will tell you how I broke in a new piston on my BSA Gold Star flat tracker. I put one drop of oil on each side of the piston, swished it around to distribute the oil better, buttoned the engine back up, started it up and ran it at 7000 rpm for one minute, then shut it off. Pulled it back down and the rings and piston looked great. Rider got on it and went ripping up and down Ventura Blvd for one trip. I asked him if it ran OK. His answer: "Goes down the road like an old toad" If I've got to translate that for you, you'll never be a race tuner. BUT, I wasn't expecting to run that engine for 50,000 miles without laying a wrench on it!!!...ARH
Very true!! I was mainly trying to make him feel better and was pretty sure he didn't hurt it.

I've read lots of your posts around here. Thanks for all your contributions. I've learned a lot from your posts. It's funny...I came across the enforcer on a Craigslist ad a few weeks ago, started researching Chinese bikes a little, and here I have one ordered already. Crazy...and that's what all my friends tell me who know how bad my back is...that I'm crazy. I honestly don;t even know if I can ride...but I rode a mountain bike all last summer, so i think I can ride a lightweight motorcycle...gently. And shit, someone called me and offered me a 2007 Honda crf230 for $1000...I had been looking for just that. It almost looks like a of of the parts would fit on the Hawk / enforcer.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
Take 2. JerryHawk250 was my Savior...Again.

Video taken from my cell phone.... Not the best quality.
MUCHO BETTAH!! Sounds great, looks good too. Nice job

Old 03-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
He did change the oil before he cranked it. I've been helping him with the assembly. I spoke with him this morning. He's got the idle down some but was still idling fast. He had the idle screw just about all the way out and was still idling fast. I Had him check and adjust the throttle cable and check for cable binding. I think that may have been the problem because he couldn't get it to start more than likely because the idle is set to low now. He had to run out for a while today and he will work on it later today. One thing I have to say about Ski is the reason it took a while to put together is because he took his time to put it together to make sure everything was correct. We have to remember he and Enforcer were the 1st to assemble one of these and had no instruction or threads on here to go by. He has done a great job at putting this bike together. Okay enough of me.
Letsride, did you get yours ordered yet? The enforcer has your name all over it.
I haven't ordered one yet. You know me, I'm very indecisive again What I DO know at this point is I want a BLUE one this time. But I can't make up my mind between a Hawk, Enforcer, or the Storm. Which superior has some Storms in stock and man the Blue storm is a good looking bike.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
I haven't ordered one yet. You know me, I'm very indecisive again What I DO know at this point is I want a BLUE one this time. But I can't make up my mind between a Hawk, Enforcer, or the Storm. Which superior has some Storms in stock and man the Blue storm is a good looking bike.
I like the way the inverted forks on the Storm look. And, from the pics of it, it seems that it also comes with the hand guards, which I want to add to mine as well. My concern with the storm was the seat height. The website lists the Storm seat height at 29", while the hawk and enforcer are listed at 34. I'm 6', so 29 would have been too low for me.

I'm not really seeing a reason to buy a hawk over an enforcer at the moment. The enforcer seems like it's a hawk with all the upgrades that people normally do to the hawk anyway (e.g., better battery, gearing, and carb). Plus, it should be easier to register.

Which brings me to my update...I just received all the paperwork from Don today! Enforcer gets registered first thing on Monday

We'll see if it's as easy as it's claimed to be.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
The seat height is not 29 inches on a STORM it is 34 inches.
I figured the website was wrong. But, with nothing else to go by, it made me shy away from it.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Ski_rush... On yore bike is the red button on the right handle bar a kill switch or four way flasher switch.
4-way flasher switch.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #264

The remote control with alarm is pretty cool!

Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #265

Well, after lurking around the site for a few days and following this thread, I broke down and ordered a enforcer this morning.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #266

Good for you. I bet you love it and glad you found us.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #267

Single piston brakes on the Enforcer?

Old 03-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Single piston brakes on the Enforcer?
Yes.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselrunner View Post
Well, after lurking around the site for a few days and following this thread, I broke down and ordered a enforcer this morning.

Welcome...and good...When enough of them get ordered they'll ship, and I'll get mine too So what color are you after?

Old 03-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #270

And to all of us new Enforcer buyers, there's a ton of great info regarding putting together a Hawk in the Sticky: Tech Favorites, FAQ's, & other things to know.

link at the top of the page, and probably most of it applies to the Enforcer. There's even an assembly video and tips on things that should be done, added, greased, etc. I just found it and it's definitely a must read