Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2017, 06:18 PM   #241

I know I seen that too I did not count the teeth.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Pretty sure you miscounted I counted 46
Did I misread this? LoL. No worries man hahaha

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
Did I misread this? LoL. No worries man hahaha
I went to count them and as I was counting them I saw the stamped 46 so I stopped.

I am still waiting on the jets I think I will just get a Mikuni.

The AF adjustment screw I ordered doesn't fit wrong size threads.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #244

After putting almost 100 miles on this new exhaust today its a love / not so much love relationship. I love the fact that its much lighter and theres no doubt more airflow ( think I'll need to bump up a jet size yet ) , but I'm not exactly liking the extra noise this from this exhaust. I know, maybe its just me, but accelerating threw the gears it seems a but much. Cruising is a mellow deep rumble. **Maybe I'm being way too picky??**

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #245

Just tell yourself and everyone that asks that it is a new Harley dual sport.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:53 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Just tell yourself and everyone that asks that it is a new Harley dual sport.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-28-2017, 01:13 AM   #247

You can always repack the muff with better material to quite down some.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #248

Everybody remember that MSR "breakaway" shift lever? Yup, it fits these Bashans with the counterbalance engines, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. Once you remove the stock shift lever, you need to remove the front sprocket cover, then install the MSR shift lever. Then the hard part is reinstalling the front sprocket cover. It only fits one particular way, and getting it to that point is a real head-scratching experience. Rest assured, it DOES fit, and although I haven't ridden it yet with it installed, it "feels" better than the stock lever just sitting on the bike.

Worth the money? It's not a "need" unless you do a lot of off-road riding, but ergonomically speaking, it was worth it to me. Plus, it's more bike "eye candy".

And, for those of you looking to do this mod, I dug back into this thread and found the P/N for you guys:

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #249

Yeah, the stock chain is total garbage.....

Old 05-28-2017, 11:38 AM   #250

And, the first oil change on my Brozz since beginning it's break in. Only 40 miles on it, and very metallic. Better sooner than later IMHO.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #251

That is the good kind of metallic-y look in oil on a new engine. As long as there aren't any bigger chunks or large flakes of metal, then all is well. I have a big/strong neodymium magnet to stick on the lower case drain bolt to hopefully catch at least some of that mess while I am first running mine. Plus, it should help with triggering stop lights lol
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #252

So last night I took the plunge and ordered decals for both sides of my swingarm without the seller posting any dimensions.... I sure hope they fit

Old 06-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #253

Had some fun again tonight...

The newest set of Keihin pilot jets are spot on, and I "upped" my setup from the previous 110-34 and washered needle (34 is stock) to a 112-36 with the clip set on the second slot from the bottom of the aftermarket needle. It was too late to do any testing, but I'll keep you posted.

For future reference, the original jet kit I bought with the wrong pilot jets and THE CORRECT main jets was bought from AliExpress, found here:
http://s.aliexpress.com/QfumYjQF

Also, here are some comparison pics from the stock parts to what was found in the "rebuild kit" I bought from AliExpress, found here:
http://s.aliexpress.com/qmIz67Fn

**Interesting note: the jet kit I started with did NOT include any jet in between the 110 and the 115, but the "rebuild kit" came with the #112, so that adds to the kit's value IMHO**

Stock non-shimmed needle on the left, aftermarket needle on the right:

Stock air metering screw on the bottom, new aftermarket air metering screw (or mixture screw if you want to call it that) on top

Replacement bowl screws with lock washers on top, stock screws I hit with a cutoff wheel on the bottom:

And the $money$ shot.....the stock K34 pilot jet on the right, laying next to the aftermarket K36 jet on the left.

FOR REFERENCE: this aftermarket pilot jet set was found on AliExpress, here:
http://s.aliexpress.com/nERZbiIN

Last edited by BigWeld; 06-01-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #254

The aftermarket needle has more taper which richens the mixture. That seems like a good kit.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #255

So the new pilot jets are 2mm shorter is this an issue? I just got mine last night also. Still waiting on the other set that are speced at 13mm long