Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
If money really gets tight, I can always flip burgers or be a greeter-part time, of course.

I just cannot see the cheese man going that route..if he did it may go like this..

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
I just cannot see the cheese man going that route..if he did it may go like this..

Bwhahahahaha. Read me right. I’d rather be the old fart driving the little white truck with the blue and yellow hat, tho.

Well, Mrs. C and I are now seriously considering our options. I will stick out the year and see how it goes but I will be a major pain in the ass to management for the rest of my time there. Harold, Jason, and I are the technical backbone of that outfit and the new management team may be in for a rude awakening if the three of us decide to raise our middle fingers, turn our backs, and walk away.

Still waiting for that call back from Al but won’t hold my breath.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Well, it's been almost two months since I posted anything about this.

SHTF last Friday, big time. All those benefits I was 'Grandfathered' into started going away June 1st. Company contributions to my 401k, along with matching what I contributed, were cut by 60%.

My health insurance premium is going up 1000% July 1st.

I lose two weeks vacation as of Jan. 1, 2019.

Livid doesn't begin to cover it.

This may be the straw that breaks a lot of backs. Harold is ready to say screw it. He's developed some health issues recently that are probably stress related. His 2 1/2 pack a day habit isn't helping. Jason has already had a job offer that he's seriously considering. Marlene had agreed to stay on until July 2019 but she pulled that back with the benefit cuts. Most of the sales staff is ready to quit for the same reason. The sales staff also took a 10% pay cut last January to keep the benefits they had, so that was a kick in the nuts to them.

Myself, I'll be on the horn to Al first thing tomorrow to let him know that the price of losing two weeks vacation is that my company phone will be off from 5pm until 8am during the week and off from 5pm Friday until 8am Monday. No replying to company emails after 5pm or at all on the weekends. No more travel on weekends or holidays. Absolutely no contact with any company personnel when I am on vacation.

If I get fired, I get fired.
Best of Luck. Upper management always seem to find a way to chase away good people. We had the same happen here a few years back. New CFO comes in and started cutting bonuses to the ones that get the job done. We lost 6 superintendents, 2 project managers and an estimator. Most of them went to another company that one of the superintendents started. Now they are our biggest competition. I still get job offers from them. But the CFO woke up and realized he made a big F Up. In the end it helped me out because they knew I was about to cross over too.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 06-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #244

Quote:
Bwhahahahaha. Read me right. I’d rather be the old fart driving the little white truck with the blue and yellow hat, tho.

Well, Mrs. C and I are now seriously considering our options. I will stick out the year and see how it goes but I will be a major pain in the ass to management for the rest of my time there. Harold, Jason, and I are the technical backbone of that outfit and the new management team may be in for a rude awakening if the three of us decide to raise our middle fingers, turn our backs, and walk away.

'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #245

Quote:
Well, it's been almost two months since I posted anything about this.

SHTF last Friday, big time. All those benefits I was 'Grandfathered' into started going away June 1st. Company contributions to my 401k, along with matching what I contributed, were cut by 60%.

My health insurance premium is going up 1000% July 1st.

I lose two weeks vacation as of Jan. 1, 2019.

Livid doesn't begin to cover it.

This may be the straw that breaks a lot of backs. Harold is ready to say screw it. He's developed some health issues recently that are probably stress related. His 2 1/2 pack a day habit isn't helping. Jason has already had a job offer that he's seriously considering. Marlene had agreed to stay on until July 2019 but she pulled that back with the benefit cuts. Most of the sales staff is ready to quit for the same reason. The sales staff also took a 10% pay cut last January to keep the benefits they had, so that was a kick in the nuts to them.

Myself, I'll be on the horn to Al first thing tomorrow to let him know that the price of losing two weeks vacation is that my company phone will be off from 5pm until 8am during the week and off from 5pm Friday until 8am Monday. No replying to company emails after 5pm or at all on the weekends. No more travel on weekends or holidays. Absolutely no contact with any company personnel when I am on vacation.

If I get fired, I get fired.

This is sad to hear. I believe that company may close it's doors sooner than anticipated due to employee walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
I retired early (@63) and haven't regretted a minute of it. I went while I was still healthy enough to enjoy whatever time I have left, and I am! Money hasn't been an issue-you learn to live on what you have. My lifestyle hasn't suffered. What pushed me out was a good friend who waited until he would max out his S.S.He never went anywhere or did much because he said there would be plenty of time when he's retired. Between his pension, savings, SS and investments, he would be living high on the hog, compared to me. He turned 66, had filed for SS and pension, and dropped dead in his backyard two days after drawing his first check.
You'd be surprised how little you actually need, if you live within your means, and how stress free life can be. If money really gets tight, I can always flip burgers or be a greeter-part time, of course.

I retired early as well, age 30. I'm 41 now.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #246

Quote:

A friend of mine shut down his shop and went to work for Advanced Auto delivering parts locally. Then he got an offer from O'Riley's as a local delivery driver for commercial accounts, so he went there. The reason he shut down his shop is becausea handful of people from out west came to our small town and bought up most of the air-cooled VWs they could find. They were rolling out by the half dozen on car trailers behind dualie pickups weekly. By 2008, He was down to two VW customers and anything he could take in. No one wants an aircooled VW mechainc working on their newer vehicles. I helped him for a while before he shut down to keep things going and help bring customers in. Then I helped him shut down and move out.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:18 AM   #247

There has been one bright spot in this recent debacle. Al and Harold have told me to stay away from Beaufort as much as possible. Seems that the new HR/Safety manager they hired has been a major PITA since day one. Harold and Al know I have little to no respect for Safety managers that push blanket regulations over common sense, they are afraid that I will go toe to toe with this woman over her power trip and get myself canned. I care not. I may stick it out longer just to be a thorn in her side.

With Marlene leaving at the end of August and one sales guy calling it quits at the end of the year, I will have moved up to #3 on the seniority list for MTM

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #248

Three more years and I'm pulling the plug at 62. I figure if we pay everything off (minus house), stack my So Sec with my short retirement we'll be fine. In the meantime, I picked up a column in a local rag. That pays for beer! :-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #249

I'm 9 years off at this point, but already starting to count. :( in two years I can start pulling a pension from an old company I worked for, but still going to have to work to 67 at this point. we'll see how I feel at 64 to just call it quits at 65.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #250

I've been out of the working game going on 11 years now. You guys need to catch up.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #251

This could morph into the official future retirement thread.

2lz...in the vein of the recent celebrity suicides, pulling the plug does not sound so nice for you, would you like to rephrase that . I know what you meant
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #252

More good stuff happening.

Got word late that the Plant Superintendent and his pet lackey have said that anyone can do field service work and that Jason and I are “Unnecessary” to the function of the company. Kind of pisses me off. I think they may be in for a rude awakening.

That said, neither of those two halfwits have a basic understanding of how the railroad industry works, so I’m not too concerned that I won’t be leaving on my own terms. I also know those two are skating on very thin ice with the parent company. Should start to get very interesting soon.

SHTF, v 2.0, starts on June 20. V 2.1 starts July 31.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #253

And the count down begins.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #254

Quote:
More good stuff happening.

Got word late that the Plant Superintendent and his pet lackey have said that anyone can do field service work and that Jason and I are “Unnecessary” to the function of the company. Kind of pisses me off. I think they may be in for a rude awakening.

That said, neither of those two halfwits have a basic understanding of how the railroad industry works, so I’m not too concerned that I won’t be leaving on my own terms. I also know those two are skating on very thin ice with the parent company. Should start to get very interesting soon.

SHTF, v 2.0, starts on June 20. V 2.1 starts July 31.

'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #255

When I worked for Cryovac Sealed Aire, we called these type events shit shows. It's like watching a disaster in slow motion and doing nothing to stop it.