Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #241

Yuo might look into a new fuel filter....

Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #242

yeah i was just out in the garage tinkering around .. cause my break light is not intiating .. and im not sure why .. everything else works .. and everything seems to be hooked up right .. im thinking maybe its that lil switch up near the front break lever ?i know it must be for the break light cause i hear it click as i pull the break but like its not working .. but i also have wires down at the bottem off the rear break .. and all that seems to be right .. altho im not sure how that one works .. also .. while i was out there i couldnt resist and had to fire her up .. but she stalled .. and that lil *cup* with the filter in it is full .. like its not getting gas into the carb .. looks as if its having no problem getting from the tank to the filter tho and the filter looks clean .. im confused... nothing is kinked .. and this is my first bike so im clueless

Old 06-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #243

turn up carb adjustment....clockwise.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #244

thanks forklift .. i got her runnin alot better now .. adjusted the carb .. but shes still got a lil bog to her but nothing like before .. im guessing im gonna also have to up the jets .. but im gonna wait a bit till shes nice and broken in .. about this shit speedo .. is it the wire or the gauge itself that sux ? cause that things gotta be off .. also .. all my wireing works great .. except my break light .. the light works .. the blinkers on the light even work with the blinkers .. but when i hit the breaks it dont get brighter .. or flash red if the lights are off .. and it looks to have a lil switch up near the front break and also down on the rear break there is 2 wires .. have u noticed any problems with those switches ? cause thats what im hoping .. cause everything else works great electroniclly and nothing appears to be out of order ... i guess maybe i could hook a wire to the positive on the batt and run it to the hot wires near the switch .. that should turn it on right ? and tell me if its my wires or my switchs ?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #245

oh and i hear them 0-ring chains are alright .. but they will slow u down ... my friend tells me about 3 hp would be lost on one of these size engines .. just incase anyone is runnin that kinda chain .. .. thanks for alll your help so far men

Old 06-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #246

If I remember correctly the light is not a "brake"light.....
orrrrrrrrrr your brake/run light bulb is half burnt out you may need
a new bulb.I think my light "cluster" was LED so it couldn't be easily
replaced.As soon as I got my chopper one of the first things I did
was go all custom on the lights......the stock ones were piss poor.
About the speedo.......it is for looks only.
You can get away with a cheep bicycle speedo.....or a spendy
one with a back light display (about 50.00.)
Also their is another carb adjustment at the bottom of the carb...
toward the front right by the "bell." An "L" shaped small flat head screw driver is needed to access this adjustment....or a really short screw driver.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #247

Sorry for the delay Yall

The rear plate bracket that was asked about I made. Also I wanted to let everyone know that the Tangerine Dream is a flying machine now.lol

I ordered a new carb and went to a 34mm venturi and I'm jetted to a 118 now. The wheels and tires got pulled and taken to a local shop and balanced. Also have changed sprocket and chain 420 Chain and 17 rear idler sprocket 17 forward idler. The biggest change is the idler adjuster. With some creative welding, drilling, and good 3/8 grade 8s I fabricated a wedge bolt adjusting slider. I can now adjust that chain and keep it there untill I change it. Exhaust has been shortened Accel Coil and 8MM HotWire and I have officially broken the 80MPH barrier I was stuck at. [/img]

Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #248

Hey Yall

I cant get an image to post. I'll work on it and get ya'll some new pics.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #249

Please do!!! Looking forward to your MODS !

Old 03-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #250

any question

hey if anybody has any questions about these bad azz choppers let me know I've done my share of tinkering with them I may be able to help you out!!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #251

wiring

Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for these bikes? Also I am trying to put led turn signals on my bike, but can't seem to get them to work. Got a new led flasher unit and still get nothing. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Old 04-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #252

Ill have to get back to you.....Ill try to fined my cheat sheet.
What I did was use a sm. light bulb or volt tester.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #253

Forklift,

I noticed that you have a Vapor speedo on your chopper. What model did you get, since there are several to choose from?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #254

It would be cheaper to get a sweet bike cyclometer.
I don't remember which one I have Ill look to night.....

Old 05-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #255

Nice to meet other Dragon owners

Just picked up a pair of these off Craigslist. The dealer went out of business and had them sitting in a storage unit for over a year. He actually had six of them (one still in the crate) - I wish I could have bought them all. These are a blast. Thanks for all the great tips!

P.S. - yes they are all gone now. I tried to get one more a couple of hours later and he was sold out.