Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #226

It's not a roller chain, more like a mini multiplate cam chain. I'm hoping it's the same as the TT uses so I can order one from CSC when they get the parts stock. In the mean time I bought a new non-balance shaft Lifan engine and will fix the old one when I find the parts. Can't complain too much about a little 200cc engine going 50,000+ trouble free miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
can you get a set of calipers on the chain to take all the critical measurements? (length of link, height of link, length pin to pin, outside width of link, inside width of link or roller width, roller diameter) for cost reasons it really shouldn't be a non-standard link size so should be able to at least get a section of chain the correct number of links and make a custom chain.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
The Lifan and other CG clones with a balance shaft are gear driven. In order to do that the manufacturer had to move the oil pump down out of the way and drive it with a small chain. ...
I saw a great picture of a counter-balanced motor with the right side cover off here somewhere on this forum. Can't find it now...

It showed the crank to cc connection and the chain to the oil pump.

Anyone remember the thread or have that pic?

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 01-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
It's not a roller chain, more like a mini multiplate cam chain. I'm hoping it's the same as the TT uses so I can order one from CSC when they get the parts stock. In the mean time I bought a new non-balance shaft Lifan engine and will fix the old one when I find the parts. Can't complain too much about a little 200cc engine going 50,000+ trouble free miles.
Can't complain at all! Regarding the balance shaft motor, a few years back here one of our past active members, WildAlaskan, had an old Lifan GY200 with a balance shaft motor and he beat the holy snot out of that thing on a regular basis! Obviously passes the durability test.
These motors are so small and throw so little inertia, it's not like we're comparing the mammoth Harley Davidson counter balanced motor to the non-balanced motor.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #229

I saw the TT in person today as I'm in LA for work. I wouldn't have any regrets ordering for the price they are asking. They made some improvements for the production run and having the warranty plus all parts in stock from CSC will mean sound piece of mind vs. the other options.

It looks like a very easy bike to maintain as well.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I saw the TT in person today as I'm in LA for work. I wouldn't have any regrets ordering for the price they are asking. They made some improvements for the production run and having the warranty plus all parts in stock from CSC will mean sound piece of mind vs. the other options.

It looks like a very easy bike to maintain as well.
Indeed, CSC has specified a lot of nice improvements for the TT250. Here is a quote from the CSC Blog.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19601

...We’re incorporating quite a few upgrades on our TT250 bikes. There’s always a chance some of these features (above and beyond the standard configuration) won’t make it into the final version, but here’s where we are right now on the upgrades beyond what we’ve already described:

Our TT250 will have adjustable damping front forks.
The frame color will be satin (rather than gloss) black.
Our bike will incorporate the same left and right handlebar switchgear as the RX3 (these are higher quality switches than those usually provided on these bikes).
Our bikes will have a satin silver finish on the handlebars.
Our bikes will have the RX3 rear view mirrors.
Our bikes will have braided stainless steel brake lines for both the front and rear brakes.
Our bikes will have anodized fork caps.
Our bikes will have wheels dynamically balanced from the factory.
Our bikes will include several quality improvements that most folks will never see (that’s because of minor issues we saw on the four prototypes we’ve been testing; we’re addressing these things so you won’t have to).

It’s taken us a bit of back-and-forth with the factory to get to the above changes and we’re pleased with where we are. The Internet being what it is, I have no doubt some folks will say, “can’t you get this?” or “can’t you get that?” If it’s not on that list (along with the other features we’ve previously mentioned on this bike, like the inverted forks, the 300-watt stator, and the handle-bar-mounted accessories switches), the short answer is no. The TT250 is available in red, black, and white...

In addition, the bikes are manufactured by Zongshen, which has a deserved reputation for superior quality of manufacture.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-22-2016, 11:08 PM   #231

So far, two TT250 maintenance tutorials have been posted by CSC. The latest is the TT250 Brake Maintenance Tutorial, which is posted at the following link.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19681

The TT250 Oil Change Tutorial is posted at the following link.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/Articles.asp?ID=284

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #232

Spud? or anyone else? Anyone recieved an explanation from csc as to why the tt250 is 20 to 30 lbs heavier than the hawk or bashan or indeed any of the similar bikes of this type?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 01-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Spud? or anyone else? Anyone recieved an explanation from csc as to why the tt250 is 20 to 30 lbs heavier than the hawk or bashan or indeed any of the similar bikes of this type?
I doubt very much the CSC TT250 is heavier. The Chinese are not noted for their accuracy with specified curb weights. I'm betting CSC is merely reporting a more accurate weight figure than the others.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM   #234

CSC has posted three more maintenance tutorials for the TT250 on the CSC Blog.

Rear Wheel Removal and Installation
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19750

Chain Adjustment and Rear Wheel Alignment
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19755

Front Wheel Removal and Installation
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19790

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #235

Wink Valve Adjusment Tutorial

Here's the tutorial I've been waiting for.

TT250 Valve Adjustment

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19832

Looks way easier than the RX-3.

Rojo

Old 01-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #236

hardest part of that is getting to it (removing seat and tank)

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 01-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #237

Holding the adjuster still while tightening the nut can be a bit tricky. Rather than marking it up with pliers, I use a #2 Robertson wood screw (square head to my US friends), and screw it into a Marrette electrical connector. It makes the perfect valve adjustment tool.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Holding the adjuster still while tightening the nut can be a bit tricky. Rather than marking it up with pliers, I use a #2 Robertson wood screw (square head to my US friends), and screw it into a Marrette electrical connector. It makes the perfect valve adjustment tool.
I fabricated the same tool, and I use that tool when adjusting the valve lash on my Zongshen Sierra (ZS200GY-2).

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #239

Head Scratching Finding a Robertson #2 screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I have searched several large chain hardware and independent hardware stores in my area and cannot find "ANYONE" who stocks, or has even heard, of a Robertson wood screw. I have a call into Fastenal Fasteners currently and I'm waiting for a return call.
Do you use a flathead, oval head or round head Robertson, and what length do you recommend?
Thanks for any help you can suggest.
Jack

Old 01-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I have searched several large chain hardware and independent hardware stores in my area and cannot find "ANYONE" who stocks, or has even heard, of a Robertson wood screw. I have a call into Fastenal Fasteners currently and I'm waiting for a return call.
Do you use a flathead, oval head or round head Robertson, and what length do you recommend?
Thanks for any help you can suggest.
Jack
Ask for a square drive screw, #2 size. It will most likely be a wood screw.

I am wondering what a "Marrette electrical connector" is. Is that what I call a wire nut?
Edit: I asked Google - yes, it is a twist-on wire connector that I call a wire nut.