Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
There's an "Earth Ship" house under construction at 299th ave/occupado that might be worth a stop to look at. It's build into the side of the river bank on the south side of it and partially above ground on the north side. The compound walls are built of old tires rammed with earth, it's like something out of Road Warrior.
You know, I saw that ship Sat when i was out. It is like wow I never seen that before. You cant miss it from the road. It looked like no other structure out there.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:03 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Awesome! Really looking forward to this ride. I think it's going to be a nice diversion to the craziness that has been the past couple months, and is likely to manifest after the election, regardless of which way it goes.
It will be! Thats one reason I hit the trails sat just to get out and explore. I did a route not shown on the Nov 7th trip and I ended up in a wash that kicked my a$$ and got a little warm out. But, after its all done and over with it was quite the experience on the bike I won't forget.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #228

I searched through the thread and it sounds like anyone who might be camping might be doing so BEFORE the ride, at the staging area in Surprise? Not after? I couldn't find any solid plans on what people are doing after Wickenburg. I live in Peoria, so my time and route are easy and flexible. Also, if anyone needs a well-equipped shop for anything, let me know, my garage is open. I'm at the far north end of 67th Ave.

Old 10-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
I searched through the thread and it sounds like anyone who might be camping might be doing so BEFORE the ride, at the staging area in Surprise? Not after? I couldn't find any solid plans on what people are doing after Wickenburg. I live in Peoria, so my time and route are easy and flexible. Also, if anyone needs a well-equipped shop for anything, let me know, my garage is open. I'm at the far north end of 67th Ave.
The camping suggestion was from last years ride. At this years meetup location is not really a place to camp. I guess it could be done. I've never seen it there though. The camping would be at the boulders OHV park off of Hwy 74 closer to Lake Pleasant.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
did we meet last year when Tako was visiting? you had an RX3 and I think I met him at your house.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 10-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #231

Quote:
did we meet last year when Tako was visiting? you had an RX3 and I think I met him at your house.
Yup, that was me. I sold the RX3, now have a KTM 390 Adventure.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:33 AM   #232

Is there room for one more? A buddy of mine has a BMW GS and was lamenting that he doesn't get any riding in. Would anyone mind if something as huge as a GS joined us? I'm not sure he does much in the way of off-roading, but maybe I can convince him that getting the big GS on the dirt might make Charlie and Ewan magically appear...

I didn't want to just invite him to come along without at least getting the ok from you guys. Thoughts?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #233

Quote:
Is there room for one more? A buddy of mine has a BMW GS and was lamenting that he doesn't get any riding in. Would anyone mind if something as huge as a GS joined us? I'm not sure he does much in the way of off-roading, but maybe I can convince him that getting the big GS on the dirt might make Charlie and Ewan magically appear...

I didn't want to just invite him to come along without at least getting the ok from you guys. Thoughts?
If he can keep up with my slow Brozz hes welcome lol. Or wait, is it my Brozz thats slow or my body as it gets older. I don't mind if he joins us at all.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
If he can keep up with my slow Brozz hes welcome lol. Or wait, is it my Brozz thats slow or my body as it gets older. I don't mind if he joins us at all.
The ironic thing I remember was reading Horizonsunlimited Hubb years ago. The discussion was on Morocco and northern Africa in general. A guy mentioned taking his Big BMW something or another to Morocco and was being passed left and right on the more sandy sections of a dirt road by locals on 150cc Chinese bikes. If I remember, the discussion was about these 'top of the line' machines not being very good on the very rough parts of places like Africa because they are just too big and heavy.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #235

Quote:

the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. It'd be nice to check out some higher end bikes
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 10-24-2020, 07:34 PM   #236

So I owe everyone an apology; I was wrong and my buddy doesn't have a GS, he has an RS. A decidedly unsuitable bike for offroading. He won't be making it, but TJ has his plane tickets, and Culcune has been in touch with his travel plans. We're all set to have the Hawk, the DR, and the Ural out there!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-24-2020, 09:16 PM   #237

Quote:
So I owe everyone an apology; I was wrong and my buddy doesn't have a GS, he has an RS. A decidedly unsuitable bike for offroading. He won't be making it, but TJ has his plane tickets, and Culcune has been in touch with his travel plans. We're all set to have the Hawk, the DR, and the Ural out there!
Well that Ural will be pretty cool to see that on the trail!

Old 10-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Well that Ural will be pretty cool to see that on the trail!
I'm really looking forward to it! Not that you really 'ride' a Ural. It's more like a prolonged argument as you go down the road, and eventually you and the motorcycle come to a tenuous agreement not to kill each other...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #239

Just did my oil change and tightened up all the bolts on the bike ready for next saturday
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam

Front fork brace

Old 10-30-2020, 08:25 PM   #240

Quote:
Just did my oil change and tightened up all the bolts on the bike ready for next saturday
When i did a ride recently, I lost the whole license plate and bracket. Luckily, i noticed and turned around. Got some locking nuts on it this time.

Tags
250, wickenburg