Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #211

My rebuild kit showed up today, that's a step in the right direction....

And, I can't wait to get these lights wired up....

Looks like the PlastiDip needs touch up LoL

Here's a pic from last night. I hooked up my jump pack to just one of the light bars, and I was impressed!!!

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #212

Can you take a close up comparing the two needles it looks like the one in your kit is different than the one I got. Original and kit version that is.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Can you take a close up comparing the two needles it looks like the one in your kit is different than the one I got. Original and kit version that is.
I don't have a pic of my original, but it wasn't adjustable, that's why I had to washer it. The kit version I bought has the 5 different clip slots. I'll update this post with a pic of the aftermarket needle in a few minutes for ya.

*edit*

Here ya go:

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
I don't have a pic of my original, but it wasn't adjustable, that's why I had to washer it. The kit version I bought has the 5 different clip slots. I'll update this post with a pic of the aftermarket needle in a few minutes for ya.

*edit*

Here ya go:

When you tear apart the carb can you take a photo comparing the two? The kit I got the needle was different see my thread to see what I mean

Old 05-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #215

Got some wiring done today....

Got my volt meter and USB charger mounted up permanently, and wired with a relay. Switched or "keyed" power triggers the relay on, then the relay feeds the volt meter power directly from the battery.....

In that same harness, I routed an auxiliary battery feed back to the underside of the tail section and ended it with a WeatherPac connection. I then took my cheapy 12v emergency air compressor and put a WeatherPac on it so I'll have a battery fed led flashlight and compressor if the need arises....easily fits in my tail bag.

I'm right handed, so I struggled plugging in the WeatherPac with just my left hand LMAO

*side note*. I'll be cutting the alligator clips off the leads from my battery tender and putting a WeatherPac on that as well, that way it's just PlugAndPlay. No more pulling the side cover to keep the battery properly charged

Last edited by BigWeld; 05-21-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #216

Well, today i removed the 110 jet (still stock carb) and put in a 115 since i removed the cat the other day. I'm unsure actually if I like it. It ran fine with the 115, but I have a very noticeable dead spot when decelerating quickly now. Like it drops out altogether for a split second. Accelerating is fine. I'm not sure if I should go back to the 110, keep the 115 or follow the crowd and install a mikuni carb. Heres a pic of the plug PRIOR to going up to the 115 jet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0299[1].jpg (85.9 KB, 140 views)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #217

Found this I think you are to rich at 115....

ROLL-OFF:
The Roll-Off technique is the quickest and is almost as accurate as the Roll-On method. First,
one gets the engine warm on the way to a safe roadway. If there is room, use fourth gear as this
allows more time to assess the result.
Now, get the engine rpm high enough that it is on the cam and in its power band. This may need
to be as high as 4000 rpm with some cam choices. Apply full throttle. Let the engine accelerate
for a couple of seconds until it has settled in and is pulling hard. Quickly roll the throttle off to
about the 7/8ths position. When you do this, the mixture richens slightly for a second or so.
If the engine gains power as you roll the throttle off, then the main jet is too small and you need
to fit a larger one.
If the engine staggers slightly or has a hard hesitation, then the main jet is too large and you
need to fit a smaller one.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #218

I think you are right. I should go back to the 110.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

Old 05-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Well, today i removed the 110 jet (still stock carb) and put in a 115 since i removed the cat the other day. I'm unsure actually if I like it. It ran fine with the 115, but I have a very noticeable dead spot when decelerating quickly now. Like it drops out altogether for a split second. Accelerating is fine. I'm not sure if I should go back to the 110, keep the 115 or follow the crowd and install a mikuni carb. Heres a pic of the plug PRIOR to going up to the 115 jet.
Wow, looking at that plug - classic over rich...ARH

Old 05-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #220

Yeah, I put the 110 back in. I'm going to put a few ore miles on it with the cat removed and check the plug again.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Yeah, I put the 110 back in. I'm going to put a few ore miles on it with the cat removed and check the plug again.
I a running a 108 right now.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #222

I got a chance last night to test my new lighting, and I'm very proud of the new light output, and am extremely happy with how all the wiring turned out. Running my off-road lighting and USB charger off of relays was the safest way to go, and makes it very user friendly. The volt meter comes on when the key is in the ON position, and the relay powering my off-road lights is triggered when I turn on my HiBeam.

I have another video, will post it once Photobucket is done being a pain in the arse.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #223

STILL not 100% happy with figment, but I at least have something I can live with until I track down a set that fit as they should. I didn't like the look of the Acerbis ones I painted, so it was back to trying to make the carbon fiber ones line up. I might look into some of those that tie into the ends of the bars....

Old 05-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
I a running a 108 right now.
I pulled the 110 and went to a 108. Honestly didn't notice any difference but will run the 108 for a while and check the plug. I'd imagine the 108 will be better.

EDIT: Got 650 miles on her. Its running great!!

Old 05-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #225

Went and did a little adventuring in the rain today, and DAMN these tires are crappy on greasy mud trails LoL!

I even rediscovered some hidden spots local to me that I forgot about from wheeling here decades ago....