Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2022, 09:07 PM   #1

Holy smokes-I’ve never seen a more restricted intake than on this bike.
On a lark I decided to see what the filter looked like…didn’t realize that the whole top half was basically blocked by the battery tray, and that it effectively had zero airflow.
There has to be a better way! Lol
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 05-27-2022, 12:06 AM   #2

Templar 250X is discontinued. Wayu Zuumva is no longer manufacturing for Powersportsmax. I'm guessing increasing cost had to play a factor. I would like to think there making room for EFI version or 300cc like EGL, Orion, Kayo... These bikes were a bargain there's no way they could last.. Kicking myself I should have bought another one...

Old 05-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #3

Wow! I guess I ordered mine just in time. I checked the website and yup, gone. Only the Templar 250 there now (I like that lime green).

I wonder what color I will get? Must have been slim Pickins when it shipped yesterday. I chose orange first, black second. I will probably get red (but I like that too!)

Last edited by Thumper; 05-29-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Wow! I guess I ordered mine just in time. I checked the website and yup, gone. Only the Templar 250 there now (I like that lime green).

I wonder what color I will get? Must have been slim Pickins when it shipped yesterday.
You got lucky. I email my Order on Monday and received a call on Tuesday saying all they could offer me was a Remanufactured bike shipped completely preassembled on a pallet with Xtra wrapping she said. "Remanufactured".. That Could be scary.. Oh well. If your unhappy with yours and your close to Tennessee I'll buy it...

Old 06-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
You got lucky. I email my Order on Monday and received a call on Tuesday saying all they could offer me was a Remanufactured bike shipped completely preassembled on a pallet with Xtra wrapping she said. "Remanufactured".. That Could be scary.. Oh well. If your unhappy with yours and your close to Tennessee I'll buy it...
NOW I SEE why you would buy it from me. Wow.

I'll post details on the build elsewhere, but I got it running for a test drive tonight. I did not realize that the starter wouldn't engage unless you pull the brake. After I tested the starter button and kill switch connectors with a voltmeter, and got stumped on an incline attempting to use bump start method (I assumed the coil was charged). I pulled the brake and it started instantly.

Humiliating

But here is the end result... Starts instantly without choke once modestly warmed up. Nice engine. I can feel the additional power (compared to CG 229cc clone). But the real difference is the suspension. Holy cow. Big, stiff frame. Nice. I haven't made any adjustments yet. Much more supple and there is more travel compared to my Storm USD (immediately obvious). I will want to stiffen it up. Might need heavier fork oil, but I can do that. And the engine has potential. Oh-yeah NICE exhaust note, willing power with stock carb/jetting. It pops on deceleration, so obviously can use a bigger main jet or needle shim. No problem

I looked at the Templar 250 without the adjustable shocks, rack, or engine gaurd It is under $1500 at powersportsmax (where I got my Templar X 250 for ~300 more). It has the same engine and approximate frame dimensions. Also has the 528 chain. If I didn't get the Templar X I would buy the Templar 250. The only drawback is whether or not you will be able to plate the bike. Seems like a crap shoot and depends on your state.

Last edited by Thumper; 06-03-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Templar 250X is discontinued. Wayu Zuumva is no longer manufacturing for Powersportsmax. I'm guessing increasing cost had to play a factor. I would like to think there making room for EFI version or 300cc like EGL, Orion, Kayo... These bikes were a bargain there's no way they could last.. Kicking myself I should have bought another one...
I was wrong. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion from one conversation with Powersportsmax. They have inventory now. I was told they have no more stock a week ago. But inventory is showing on there Website again. Going to snatch one while I can and see what happens. Someone here or another forum said there MSO came in Motorcycle no mention of off road. Im hoping that's the case makes it so much simpler to register.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:39 AM   #7

Quote:
I was wrong. I jumped to an incorrect conclusion from one conversation with Powersportsmax. They have inventory now. I was told they have no more stock a week ago. But inventory is showing on there Website again. Going to snatch one while I can and see what happens. Someone here or another forum said there MSO came in Motorcycle no mention of off road. Im hoping that's the case makes it so much simpler to register.
My MSO states 9 horsepower so I’ve asked to have an amended one sent.
I also kindly asked if the body type could be shortened to just motorcycle, instead of off-road motorcycle…we shall see lol.

Glad to hear they have new inventory. X-pro doesn’t yet, but they have the stripped model…which I also noticed has a PE28 instead of 30.

I’ve sent Joe Henner a message, thanks ExMxer. Gonna see what all he has for these bikes.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
My MSO states 9 horsepower so I’ve asked to have an amended one sent.
I also kindly asked if the body type could be shortened to just motorcycle, instead of off-road motorcycle…we shall see lol.

Glad to hear they have new inventory. X-pro doesn’t yet, but they have the stripped model…which I also noticed has a PE28 instead of 30.

I’ve sent Joe Henner a message, thanks ExMxer. Gonna see what all he has for these bikes.
All I did was message X-Pro about my MCO stating off-road motorcycle and me having trouble getting it plated at the DMV with the intention of buying it for on road purposes, and they told me they'll send a corrected MCO/BOS immediately. Currently waiting on it.

Old 06-01-2022, 09:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
All I did was message X-Pro about my MCO stating off-road motorcycle and me having trouble getting it plated at the DMV with the intention of buying it for on road purposes, and they told me they'll send a corrected MCO/BOS immediately. Currently waiting on it.
Same, they got back to me today and said they’d be happy to correct the title and change the type to just motorcycle.

Old 05-27-2022, 02:57 PM   #10

Wow.
That sucks.
I wonder if there will be another venue for them?
Edit: they still show the 250 (stripped down version) available, maybe it’s just the 250X?

Last edited by Okierider; 05-27-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #11

I wonder how many of these Templar X 250s were sold this Spring? ExMxer (OP) first post was mid-March. So this bike was sold for less than 3 months?

How many X 250s could they sell in that time? 500? 1000 units? 5000 units?
MaxPro and Amazon both also still sell the same "stripped down" Templar. I wonder how long they will last at $1500!

The similar XPro Templar series is still going strong. I think it is the same engine, but they seem to be more like the Templar X, not the Templar 250.

These frames should fit a bigger engine too. 300cc ?

Last edited by Thumper; 05-28-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:47 AM   #12

The other thing I was thinking about is what potential is there in this 249cc engine? 2 or 4 degree advance? Porting work? And that header section seems like a narrow pipe. And how about airbox mods. All together, maybe add 4 or 5 horse power?

Old 05-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #13

Quote:
The other thing I was thinking about is what potential is there in this 249cc engine? 2 or 4 degree advance? Porting work? And that header section seems like a narrow pipe. And how about airbox mods. All together, maybe add 4 or 5 horse power?
Airbox is badly restricted-needs a battery relocation at the very least.
I’m tempted to get a whole new motor just to play with. It would be nice to know what, if any, major brand motor this was compatible with for things like head and cam swaps.
I’ve found the stock carb very much wanting so I have a real Mikuni VM30 en route. When it comes in I’m grabbing some radiator hose and kydex to experiment with freeing up the intake. At the very least add a few ports into the air box.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Airbox is badly restricted-needs a battery relocation at the very least.
I’m tempted to get a whole new motor just to play with. It would be nice to know what, if any, major brand motor this was compatible with for things like head and cam swaps.
I’ve found the stock carb very much wanting so I have a real Mikuni VM30 en route. When it comes in I’m grabbing some radiator hose and kydex to experiment with freeing up the intake. At the very least add a few ports into the air box.
There's a bike that's been in UK market for a year or more that's coming to US recently. A true 300 cc bike using the same frame as Templar X easy to convert or duplicate. Use the Zongshen NC250 with a factory installed 84cc bore kit.
One bike in particular I'm seeing is the Trail Master TM 38 300cc. This has the most modern mid-year 2021 frame like the Templar X. Having the Templar X frame is just about direct bolt up new motor install. The hole in our frame Infront of gas tank is intended for radiator hoses and I place of the fake plastic fins are small radiators. For less than $1k you can convert this bike to 300cc pushing cover 35hp! Or just by a Trail master TM38 300 for $4k. My true hope is Powersportsmax will purchase an allotment of these and be under the 3k mark.. Probably dreaming..

Old 05-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #15

Quote:

I purchased a replacement engine off eBay for this reason/ parts. I've studied a fair amount on all the things you listed. These engines do have the potential for HP gain. No replacement for displacement. The biggest gain is a 174 big bore kit and advance flywheel key. This will ensure internal temperatures stay below melting point because these motors run very hot from factory. "245°" Seems like you can't overcome this engine to be as reliable as factory specs. Once you approach 21+ HP you surpass the ability to cool the engine with air and will require a secondary cooling source. By increasing HP your putting the internal drive line in a vulnerable state. Go rip on this bike a use a thermal heat temperature gauge to see the external temperature this thing gets up to.