Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2024, 09:29 PM   #181

Have you removed the kick start lever? Once you have that off, there should be 8 bolts around the edge to remove. The 2 in the back are longer and the other 6 are all the same length. If you have all 8 of those bolts out you should be able to pull the cover off. There are 2 dowel pins that help align the cover with the case so those could be binding a little bit. I wouldn't be afraid to do some gentle persuasion with a rubber mallet, especially if it is the first time the cover has been removed.

One other note, when you reinstall the cover you will have to slide the kickstart lever back onto the shaft and rotate it a little bit counter clockwise as you push the cover on. This is needed to get the kickstart gear teeth engaging properly and to allow the cover to sit flush before you start putting the bolts back in. If the cover won't slide on and sit flush then your kickstarter is not aligned properly so make sure to fix it before you tighten any bolts.

I hope this helps. Cheers!
Dankly

Old 07-01-2024, 09:52 PM   #182

Thanks for help. I did remove the kick starter and the bolts you mentioned. I'll try the mallet. Thanks very much.