Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

carb jetting

ok so i asked this in my new guy thread but i got to thinking after searching for the information. it would be nice to have a thread that will show up in a search and have the information there.

so the question is will a jet kit from a yamaha or honda or any of the big 4 brand quads work on a pz30 carb ?

need to know this before my fmf powercore 2 muffler, unifilter and performance coil gets here as i dont want to lean out and blow my motor.. but if it does blow then its a reason to upgrade to that gio 250cc motor :twisted:

Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #2

I answered that in your other post, but for the benefit of new readers I'll say that I don't buy jet kits, just individual jets. I used a 22.5 pilot and 110 main (vs. 20 and 100 stock).

I get 'em at the local Yamaha dealer for cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #3

i am running a stock gy6 150cc carb no rejet and it is running good and look at my mods
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #4

i wanted to make a complete thread for the question for new readers to be able to find easier..

so yamaha jets will work in a pz30 carb ?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #5

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I found jets to fit a Mikuni at my local Yamaha dealer. Maybe you'll have similar luck at a Honda dealer.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer