Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #1

new Rebel T3 200 - reverse

Hello
I have a couple month old quad, changed the oil first day, ran great. I use the reverse gear the same way you use the the forward gears. Now it clunks and bangs or doesn't work at all. This happened all on its own certainly not from any sort of abuse, any idea where to start to try to resolved this problem? GIO was my first stop and now I'm here. Help please.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #2

Are you saying your having a hard time getting it to shift into reverse?, How's the idle, have you tried turning it down a bit? Maybe the clutch cable needs a bit of adjustment ?

Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #3

Rebel T3 reverse

Hi Wayne
Thanks for the reply. No it goes into reverse fine, shifts well, no problems with clutch, idle is fine, just nothing there 95% of the time when it gets put in reverse. When it does kind of engage, there is alittle backwards movement, it makes alot of noise, doesn't sound good at all.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #4

you have the clutch lever squeezed in and shift into reverse and have backwards movement while the lever is still squeezed in. then your clutch cable has to much slack in it and needs to be tightened up a little.. not alot but just enough to where you can shift into reverse with out it moving backwards before you let out on the lever