Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #1

Upgrade from 110 mini hummer to?

A friend of mine is going to purchase our 110cc mini hummer so I am thinking of replacing it with either a 125D with reverse or a 125F1 semi with reverse.

Anybody has experience on them and is the 125 engine / transmission reliable with not too much down time so I won't upset my 7 years old?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #2

Re: Upgrade from 110 mini hummer to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno
A friend of mine is going to purchase our 110cc mini hummer so I am thinking of replacing it with either a 125D with reverse or a 125F1 semi with reverse.

Anybody has experience on them and is the 125 engine / transmission reliable with not too much down time so I won't upset my 7 years old?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

I'm not sure of your new models. Are you meaning the Gio models or are you referencing another brand here?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #3

Hi TurboT,

It is unbranded and not the GIO.

It looks like many people refer to a TaoTao but the local store here never quoted the brand it just "Chinese made" for them.

If you type ATV 125D or 125F on the net many will pop up.

I think the 125F is a bigger bike with 21" tires in the front and 20" tires in the rear but my question is are these motor reliable when compares to the 110cc?

What about the tranny?

The 110cc has no transmission (just a wet clutch single speed forward) but the 125D is F-N-R and the 125F is a semi 3-2-1-N-R and I was more concerning about robust is the gear box (tranny)?

Thanks again!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno
Hi TurboT,

It is unbranded and not the GIO.

It looks like many people refer to a TaoTao but the local store here never quoted the brand it just "Chinese made" for them.

If you type ATV 125D or 125F on the net many will pop up.

I think the 125F is a bigger bike with 21" tires in the front and 20" tires in the rear but my question is are these motor reliable when compares to the 110cc?

What about the tranny?

The 110cc has no transmission (just a wet clutch single speed forward) but the 125D is F-N-R and the 125F is a semi 3-2-1-N-R and I was more concerning about robust is the gear box (tranny)?

Thanks again!
There is a fellow who comes by the forums occasionally by the name of "Turnburn" who has experience with the TaoTao's.. I believe he was having some transmission issues with them. That is really all I've heard to be honest.

It could very well have been a blip.

For me, since I've had no trouble with the Gio's, I'd be inclinded to go with a T1 110cc Semi Auto or the 125 cc T3, but only because of my 'relationship' with Gio. If you have a dealer close by you trust then you're probably fine with the TaoTao's.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #5

My GIO 110cc T1 is the best atv in my garage, runs smooth, good power and with that wide front end it is extremly stable, i only put the upgraded CDI and the performance shocks on the front and it runs great, bad part is i bid mine up to $397 to get it, they are now going between $225 to $250.