Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyjoe
Joey, Joey. You went about this all wrong. You should have given your wife the impression that you wanted a Kawasaki KLX250 (MSRP about $4800) and let her think about that for a while before "discovering" the China bikes at 1/4th the price. I really think she would have given you the green light.
haha, thats what i did to myself! ;-) wait, that sounded really bad.....

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Joey, Joey. You went about this all wrong. You should have given your wife the impression that you wanted a Kawasaki KLX250 (MSRP about $4800) and let her think about that for a while before "discovering" the China bikes at 1/4th the price. I really think she would have given you the green light.
Oh, that's a good one!

"TheOtherRide", it's nice to have a female perspective on this guy dominated forum. Welcome.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Thanks, Red! I think I'm becoming a post wh***...or just addicted.

Some ninny in our MSF class said they heard we could pick up the Suzuki DR200's that were in the class for about $1300 at the end of the summer. Obviously, they were dyslexic, because they were $3100. I really couldn't justify spending that much for a 200cc toy! So many people I've talked to have said not to get the Chinese junk, get a good used 'big 4' brand. Apparently, they've never tried to find such a thing in this part of the country. They're out there, but still $500-1000, and what are you getting? A fixer-upper that's gonna cost another grand before you feel secure enough to ride it further than a mile from home!

Anyhoo, my point is that I also convinced myself to buy a 200gy when I compared it to the higher pricetag of the brand-names. So maybe this psychology WILL work on your wife!

Another point is, what are her reasons for saying no? We've addressed the money side of it...but is she concerned about safety? Is she worried that you'll be out having fun doing something she can't? (Jealousy would be a big thing for me! Yes, even over a bike...sad, really). Is there something that she's been wanting or needs (washer/dryer? Time with you? Time away from you and/or kids?) and feels that she should have rather than you buying a new toy?

Not trying to make anyone feel guilty, just maybe providing some insight into the female mind. Or at least, my mind, which is probably scarier than most. I've never found anyone dumb enough to marry me, so I don't get into these discussions much...probably short-changing you if I offer up my 2 cents-worth. :wink:

Old 03-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #19

there is a guy trying to sell an 88 suzuki dr200 for 1500 bux. It has 20,000 miles and doesnt have electric start or a tachometer, doesnt even have a rear rack, inverted forks or rear disc brake.

Hmmm.. that sounds like a heck of a deal to me! hahhahahahah...

i'm real glad that i chose this over the jap ones. Its kinda like anything that is new or unheard of, only the brave ones that do their homework will be able to enjoy them until everyone catches wind of how great they are for the price.

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
until everyone catches wind of how great they are for the price.
And at that point you can expect the prices to rise.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #21

Quote:
And at that point you can expect the prices to rise.
DEFINITELY... from the time frame of december to feb the price of the bike i was looking at went up 200 bux. So i have a feeling that the trend will do the same over the next year or two. Plus once they make chinabikes with bigger cc motors and watercooling like the big 4 do, you are going to have LOTS of people looking into them.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
I think we'll see a price reduction here in a little bit...the 250's + are a-comin', and a lot of shops will want to move some inventory. Just a guess. Get everybody hooked on the 200gy's, then be there to sell 'em a 250, 300, 400, 650? when they want to upgrade.