Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #1

Registered in California

I thought I should post this as a new topic since my old topic started with trying to find out if the Zongshen Sierra was street legal in California. In the end I went to Extreme Motor Sports in Bakersfield and purchased a JH250GY-4. The only drawback was having to go back with a trailer to pick up the motorcycle and make the two hour trip back home. I asked several times about the street legal status of this model and they said it was no problem. The DMV paperwork was filled out and submitted by the store, and true to their word the license plate showed up this week. I am not absolutely sure who the manufacturer is, but I think it is ChongQing Joyhon Motorcycle Company. The displacement is listed as 233ml on the plate with the VIN. I have been wondering who made this engine, but the manual I have for this bike doesn't list the correct bore and stroke for it. I have seen some chinese motorcycles with a bore and stroke listed as 69mm X 62.2mm, and I suspect that this is probably the same engine in this case. If the links work in this post there should be images of the motorcycle in this message.