Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #16

i use royal purple max cycle in the scoot. if i were to ever switch to a synthetic i'd use that. it's even reccomended for wet clutch use.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Spark Plug: My choice is always one of the "rare metal' plugs. Denso Iridium is my choice. I have not looked up the croos reference for the 200cc bikes yet, so I'm running an NGK racing plug. Next time I order...
Here is a link to the cheapest Iridium plug I could find online.

THIS PLUG IS AN UPGRADE FROM THE D8EA, DR8EA, DR8ES-L, DR8ES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7218069&rd=1,1

As for oil I use Rotella 15W40. About $9 a gallon at Walmart.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #18

Rotella is good stuff.

Stay away from Delo, has moly in it.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #19

I found Mobil 1 for 4-strokes, the Mobil 1 website says it's good for wet clutches, It's call Mobil-1 V-twin 20W50, $6.99 a quart and you can use it from the get go, Hmmm?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John22j
Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
I will convert over to Mobil 1 at about 500 miles.
I've never tried something like Mobil 1 with a wet clutch system before --- let us know if you experience any problems after you convert.
i've used the mobil 1 synthetic on all my previous crotch rockets.. it is worth the money.. it made shifting smoother, and the engine ran quieter and less loud... (sport bikes have engines that sound like they are going to self destruct at any time)

Old 01-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #21

I used it in my H-D and it ran 10 times better, that was a pretty tight bike for a harley. (No leaks) My Dad had one from the AMF years, it had cork gaskets and my Mom used to raise hell when he brought it in the house during the cold months (Danbury, Conn) that bike leaked everywhere. I think back then they "Marked their territory"...

Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #22

Yeah, you knew you were in for some trouble when brand new Harley's on the showroom floor even had cardboard under them.

I'll check out the Mobil 1 -- I have a couple of quarts of Valvoline 4-stroke Motorcycle oil to use up first... and I always run Bel-Ray gear saver oil in my 2 strokes... that's not gonna change. :wink:
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Spark Plug: My choice is always one of the "rare metal' plugs. Denso Iridium is my choice. I have not looked up the croos reference for the 200cc bikes yet, so I'm running an NGK racing plug. Next time I order...
Here is a link to the cheapest Iridium plug I could find online.

THIS PLUG IS AN UPGRADE FROM THE D8EA, DR8EA, DR8ES-L, DR8ES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7218069&rd=1,1

As for oil I use Rotella 15W40. About $9 a gallon at Walmart.
Anyone know if this is the correct plug for my Roketa DB07A with the Zongshen OHC engine? It sounds right.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #24

LOL I had an FXR AMF, my theory was, If it wasn't leakin you had big trouble, outta oil the tech that works on my twin cam suggests the screamin eagle oil which is semi synthetic I think, not sure though, didnt read the bottle. And at one point I think the reg. h-d brand oil was pennzoil heavy duty 20-50 or if ya have shovelhead like my old one straight 50 in the summer slowed the leaks

Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #25

This is a good topic to bring back up for all the recent newbies [including myself].....
some may want suggestions,.......others may have some suggestions...

Myself,.........I have used various oils over the years, including synthetics,...but have consistently had the best luck with Honda GN4
10-40......shifting and clutch action is the nicest with this.........and it works equally as well in liquid cooled, air cooled, or turbo engines.
many automotive oils have additives that arent clutch disk friendly...I use the GN4 in all my customers bikes,.....and had never had any complaints or issues.
It runs about 3$$ / qt.....available also in gallon jug.

As far as plugs,.....you cant beat NGK's...............we used them for drag racing, high performance snow-mobile applications/racing,...every day riding, .... cars, boats, lawn mowers and everything in betweeen....
The D8EA that these bikes call for is a good all around plug that should give exceptional service, for less than 2 dollars.

And if you do need anti-freeze for a liquid cooled engine you might have,...be sure its formulated to be aluminum friendly....I would suggest going to your local Honda Automobile dealer and getting a gallon of Honda Type 2 anti-freeze....its premixed with distilled water, aluminum safe, and ready to use...........

A lot of these types of recommendations are from personal experience and opinions...its interesting to see what has worked for other people over the years.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #26

Thanks for the advice Steve, alot of the newbies could use this info as there is a wide variety of oils and plugs on the market..

Old 02-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i've always used mobil 1 15w-50 (the red cap, which happens to be the high performance weight and with no friction modifiers) i've always been able to find it at all stores, including wallmart, and its cheaper by about 3 dollars over the motorcycle wieght.

for chain lube, i used to use the honda chain spray, or the heavy duty chain "wax", but i have found the liquid wrench chain lube works really really well (i apply it after almost every ride) and its only 2 dollars a can at harbor frieght most of the time. i have 2 cans of this and i use it on every chain operated machine i own, and it has worked great and these cans last forever! haha.

for gas, i get the highest octane i can get, and sometimes ever throw a booster in there.. i havent tried octane booster, or the sonoco 100 octane race gas in the china bike yet, but i plan to. all of my past crotch rockets made at least 5-7 more hp with the racing gas over standard 91 or 93 octane.

you dont have to get the fancy shmancy stuff for these bikes, they are old school technology and honestly dont even need the mobil 1 oil. I am going to break my lifan in with valvoline 15w-40 standard oil, i may even just use that instead of the mobil 1.. but seeing as it only takes a little over a quart of oil, i may just spring for the extra dough on synthetic.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.