Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #1

Tall Rider in search of next bike Lifan? Orion? Xpro?

As the title says, I'm looking to get a bike. I'm a pretty big guy 6'6 250. That being said, previously (2018) I had a csc tt250 which I enjoyed, but I'd prefer a taller seat height. Since then, I know there have been a lot of new bikes released. I've been digging through the forum comparing the options, but I'd love some feedback. I've kind of narrowed it down to the Lifan KPX250, Orion RXB250L HO, or the new Xpro Paladin 300.

I'd love to hear any feedback on the bikes. The Orion and Xpro have the tallest seat height on paper. Or if there is another bike I should consider by all means let me know! I'm not opposed to the more inexpensive options if it makes sense.

Main use would be gravel roads and light trail riding.

I have almost pulled the trigger on the Paladin, but I would love to get some feedback from someone who has ridden one. I'm sure that feedback will be rolling in soon as members get their bikes assembled, but anyways, I'm all ears! TIA!

Old Today, 08:43 AM   #2

I can tell you that the Templar X and by association, Paladin 300 will be as tall as most other brands of Enduro bike... in comparison, the standard Templar 250 and Titan DLX have the same height and are smaller. If money (within reason) is no issue, i would stay tuned to the Paladin threads as that is the newest and best offering that Xpro has at the moment, otherwise you can't go wrong with the Templar X, although, top speed/power to get there will be lacking compared to the Paladin..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X, Storm DLX 150

Old Today, 01:42 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion! The paladin is at the top of my list for sure. I am following the other threads waiting for some user feedback on it. Is it not recommended to buy them pre assembled? I notice the other members posting are assembling their bikes vs buying pre assembled.

Old Today, 02:17 PM   #4

I just made some comments in the minor assembly issues thred.
At your height and weight, the additional power and overall stronger/stiffer build and 14 more hp would be useful to you. And that is definitely a stronger spring on the rear shock, and the entire shock has a wider diameter body, stronger build. Even the swingarm is higher quality. The price will undoubtedly go up again in 2025. Build quality is worth it.

I haven't ridden the GPX 300 or trailmaster TM38, but they cost $1200 to $1800 more.

Old Today, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I just made some comments in the minor assembly issues thred.
At your height and weight, the additional power and overall stronger/stiffer build and 14 more hp would be useful to you. And that is definitely a stronger spring on the rear shock, and the entire shock has a wider diameter body, stronger build. Even the swingarm is higher quality. The price will undoubtedly go up again in 2025. Build quality is worth it.

I haven't ridden the GPX 300 or trailmaster TM38, but they cost $1200 to $1800 more.
Thanks, that's great info! I know you assembled yours. Is there a downside to ordering it pre-assembled ( other than the cost

Old Today, 03:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefly View Post
Thanks, that's great info! I know you assembled yours. Is there a downside to ordering it pre-assembled ( other than the cost
As long as you have basic tools; wrench set, socket set, deep well sockets are good to have but not necessary, screw-driver set, etc, you can assemble it yourself. You'll want blue loctite and feeler gauges for setting the 250 bikes' valve lash. Anything you don't know how to do, there is a YouTube video showing you how to do it. It's not hard, but it IS mechanic'ing, and if you're not a halfway patient person, you'll be cussing up a storm fast.

The BENEFIT of assembling it yourself is priceless. You get to really know the bike. ALL of it. Pulling a wheel off to change a flat and doing the job yourself...I don't think there is a better way to get that sense of accomplishment. Even on the little things, like noticing the chain is loose and adjusting it and getting it on the first or second go. I like to mention the book Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance. Required reading for hippies but it introduces you to the benefits of mechanic'ing. Another good one is Illusions: The Adventures Of A Reluctant Messiah.

To each his own. If you want to farm that work out to someone you never met, and put your life on it...that's your call.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

John 2:15 So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; He scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Old Today, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefly View Post
The key phrase in bigdano's post is
"You get to really know the bike. ALL of it."

No matter what the quality of these bikes, they will need attention. But that is not unique to Chinese dirtbikes. All motorcycles need adjustment, fixing, and maintenance. If you need that work done for you, do NOT buy a crate bike. You can take your Kawasaki KDX250 to a dealer and get service, but only some Chinese motorcycles are sold assembled at dealerships, at a premium. They aren't necessarily better, but they are supported with after sales service.