Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2024, 01:06 PM   #1

Angry Oil Capacity on Paladin 300???

Hello everyone,

I just received my Xpro Paladin 300 and there are no technical specifications indicating the oil capacity for the engine. Does anyone know where to find this information?? It’s pretty ridiculous that a company would sell a piece of machinery without oil specs. All it says is use SAE 10w-40.

Old 10-21-2024, 01:41 PM   #2

Does the motor have a sight glass for oil level? If so, fill it to about 2/3 up. Or use the dipstick, adding a little at a time after 1/2 liter.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle. Nope, finally retired.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-21-2024, 02:10 PM   #3

The engine is a KLX300 clone, so a 1.3L or 1.4 US qt.

Old 10-21-2024, 02:12 PM   #4

From a quick search online it seems the Loncin 300 engine is a copy of the KLX300 and if thats the case, it would be 1.2 quarts.. The 250's take 1 quart so that makes sense to me

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X, Storm DLX 150

Old 10-21-2024, 02:15 PM   #5

P.S, it appears that you are the first on the forum to receive this bike, be sure to write up a review, curious how it performs with the 10 extra hp over the Templar

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X, Storm DLX 150

Old 10-21-2024, 07:04 PM   #6

Measure the volume of what you drain out.

Is there a dipstick on the fill cap?

Old 10-21-2024, 08:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Measure the volume of what you drain out.

Is there a dipstick on the fill cap?

Nope, no dipstick either.

Old 10-21-2024, 09:02 PM   #8

Taken from Loncin engine service manual. Total capacity and the amount you add when changing your oil and filter are different. The KLX300 has a total engine capacity of 1.6L just like this engine clone but when you change the oil and filter 1.27L is recommended.

You should have an oil sight glass below the clutch on the cover.

After reading through the manual I found this.

Drain plug torque is 13.2 ft-lbs.

Old 10-21-2024, 09:24 PM   #9

I was able to get the bike near fully assembled today. It's my first bike/dirtbike/dualsport and I've never worked on one before. I watched the power sports assembly demo which was pretty helpful (those guys really need a manicure!)

I have nothing to compare this bike to but I will say that there were some serious quality control issues. The two side body panels were a real SOB to get to sit right. One of them refused to ever get into position and continuously pops out of place along the top which makes it push up on the seat. It's held on with 2 screws under the seat and two screws along the radiator. But towards the back of the panel it's only supposed to stay in place with a cheap plastic retention tab which is completely useless when the panel is under so much tension. I will be reaching out to powersports to have them send me a new one. Also there was a screw hole that holds together the tail and side panels that was partially blocked by a piece of metal that I had to bore through with a drill to get it to thread. Some of the decals are already delaminating at the edges and won't adhere. The front brake caliper rubs on the front wheel spokes. I get its a still a budget bike so I can't be too upset.

The engine is supposed to be a clone of the KLX300 engine but I believe it is not quite apples to apples. The user manual give a very poor explanation of how to change the oil but from what I can gather the plug is supposed to be on the bottom of the engine block, I went on YouTube to see how a KLX300 oil change goes and it looks like the oil drain plugs are different. The user manual appears to be incorrect. There is a hole on the bottom of the block that might have been where the plug was supposed to be? But it is sealed off. There is a bolt sitting along the side/bottom somewhat close to where the KLX plug is.

I am going to attach photos and you guys let me know what you think.

.. I really wanted to change the oil before I started her up but I don't have that kind of patience. The oil level looked good in the sight glass and looked "viscous" enough that I said F it and let her idle while I cleaned up. I think it sounded amazing. Very "throaty". I did not get to go for a test drive because it was getting dark and I don't need my first experience on a bike to be in poor visibility. I am around 6'3 240 lbs and I can sit on the bike flat footed, the suspension seems to sag quite a bit when I get on it but I know I can make adjustments to that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2676.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	32147   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2677.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	32148   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2683.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	898.3 KB
ID:	32149   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2684.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	32150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2674.jpg
Size:	1,010.5 KB
ID:	32151  

Old 10-21-2024, 09:36 PM   #10

That blank is where the KLX drain plug would be(IIRC), on the Loncin the plug should be on the shift lever side of the engine.

Old 10-21-2024, 09:36 PM   #11

Here are a few more pics from today. It came with a tag saying the bikes engine was air cooled and carbureted lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2662.jpg
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	32152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2666.jpg
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	32153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2673.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	32154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2680.jpeg
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	32155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2671.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	32156  

Old 10-21-2024, 09:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
That blank is where the KLX drain plug would be(IIRC), on the Loncin the plug should be on the shift lever side of the engine.

That is what I assumed but the user manual the bike comes with has a picture with the drain plug on the bottom.

And the oil fill cap is the black screw cap on the right side of the engine? There is no dipstick attached but I don't see any other logical place it would be. Again the user manual has a picture pointing at some random place that makes no sense and the picture is so dang dark its useless.

Old 10-21-2024, 09:47 PM   #13

The hang tag was just someone being lazy when they printed it for the S8-KE 300, when you go to order one of these bikes yourself you are given a list of engines that will fit the frame. Shame we did not get the KX style head pipe, I think they look better.

It sounds like the user manual is taking information and pictures from the YF300(basically the same engine).

What is the engine case code? It should say something like "LX178MN".

Yes, the oil fill is the black cap on the clutch side of the engine. Your panel fitment mirrors my experience with the Templar X 250.

Old 10-21-2024, 09:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post

Taken from Loncin engine service manual. Total capacity and the amount you add when changing your oil and filter are different. The KLX300 has a total engine capacity of 1.6L just like this engine clone but when you change the oil and filter 1.27L is recommended.

You should have an oil sight glass below the clutch on the cover.

After reading through the manual I found this.

Drain plug torque is 13.2 ft-lbs.

That is interesting that it's recommending 15w40 when the manual states to the use 10w40. Might be returning the oil I picked up today.

Yes the oil sight glass says max 1.5L.

Old 10-21-2024, 10:02 PM   #15

The user manual lists multiple bike models at the front of the book with their different specs. The YF300 is listed as one of them. Ours is the S8 KE300 according to the manual.

I uploaded a photo of the engine case code.

That's too bad about the panel fitment. Did they send you another one? I understand if they are a little off but the right side panel just flat out doesn't fit right. I can probably put a screw in the top to hold it down but it will still flex funny along the bottom where it meets the other panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2685.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	32157