Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 10:39 AM   #1

Venom X22R Review

Hello to the group!

This is my second post here after posting a greeting asking for suggestions that went unanswered. I'm posting for people like me that want to really get a feel for what these bikes are in the real world.

I bought my X22R from Venom motorsports with a helmet, cover and assembly for less than $2300 delivered. Needless to say, I think that was bargain for a brand-new running motorcycle.

After adding fuel and checking the oil, she started right up and purred smooth. This is where the fun begins....
On my first ride, my shift linkage fell off in the street. I had to go back in my truck and walk the road until I found it. This was the first of my quality issues.
So far, I've had a headlight bulb fall into the light assembly and my intake boot ripped. All of these items are small in nature but add up to stuff that would keep me from riding if I didn't have the ability to fix it. Customer service has been iffy at best. I've called about the light and the linkage but the approval process to replace items under warranty is wayyy too slow. I just bought the bike, there should be minimal questions.

On the positive side, I have had a blast breaking the bike in. She was extremely tight for the first 150 or so miles, then she started loosening up a bit. I changed the oil that was included after about 50 miles and it was black and runny. After that I changed it again at 167 miles and I plan to change at 500 this week sometime.

I ride my bike to work every day possible at 34 miles round trip. I have multiple routes I can take and the X22R can hold its own on all but one. I don't plan on taking this bike on the freeway unless I absolutely have to. It's a little shaky at high speeds, probably due to the tires but it also doesn't really have the balls to go for more than an exit or two in an emergency. I plan on regearing to get more top end, but I still don't see myself doing many freeway runs.

Where this bike shines is around town and on back roads. As its started to break in, the bike has picked up considerable midrange power and she seems to really like running between 5500-7000 rpms. I installed an Nobimoto high performance carb this past weekend and WHOA!! What a difference! I would highly suggest this upgrade. The bike became super responsive, and she revs high and fast! I'm still trying to keep her under 7500 for a few more miles but damn...what a difference the carb and air filter make. I haven't messed with the exhaust yet but that's next. If someone can tell me if I can remove the catalyst thing from the exhaust without cutting I would appreciate it.

I plan on keeping a running log on what I've done and plan to do. These bikes have a lot in common with each other so please feel free to ask me questions and we can learn together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unboxing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	32115   Click image for larger version

Name:	carb installed.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	32116   Click image for larger version

Name:	bike and bag.jpg