Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #1

Rear brake caliper bolt identification (Templar X)

My rear brake caliper has one bolt that is way too tight from factory, and it's now stripped. The head of it is a 4mm set screw and only that portion is threaded. What do you call this style of bolt? A ton of bonus points if you know where to get one, but I'd settle for knowing what to look for.

A replacement caliper may be easier than extraction and would be my fallback plan. I see the entire rear caliper on Zuumav's parts diagram under Handlebar Assembly, but I cannot find anything matching their part number for it: 06.08.0580

Their AliExpress store doesn't even show results if you search for the word "caliper."

Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #2

That’s a calliper pin ,or a calliper slide pin ,you can get them at any auto parts store ,but probably not for your china bike .

Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #3

It seems Harley Davidson Sportster models use the same design. I assume this would be far larger than what I need: https://a.co/d/ghInHnI ("Harddrive Caliper Pad Pins - Rear")
Found a couple options for Can-Am Mavericks or Commanders, which I'm sure are also too big.

I will try to get in touch with Zuumav and see if they'll sell the slide pins or a caliper. Good time to ask about a rear brake pedal, too, since that's another thing I haven't found a replacement for. China bikes are definitely inconvenient sometimes, but it beats not riding at all, or going into debt to do so.